Dean of Online Education
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Cape Cod Community College is seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial, strategic-minded Dean of Online Education for credit courses, degree and academic programs. The successful candidate will provide vision, planning, oversight, assessment of effectiveness, and expansion of the College’s online learning initiatives to increase enrollment and improve student-learning outcomes. The Dean of Online Education works across Academic and Student Affairs divisions and will have strategic responsibility for both program and operational matters related to online education initiatives and collaborates with IT and the Chief Information and Technology Officer with implementation of the learning management system and related technologies. The Dean will oversee development and revision of online education activities including scheduling new and existing online and hybrid courses and programs, vetting faculty qualifications, develop and participate in orientation and ongoing professional development programs for faculty teaching online/hybrid courses, coordinate support for students and instructors in online and hybrid formats, evaluate full online/blended courses and establishing new partnerships for online course offerings using established online education standards and universal design principles.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
1. Lead the vision, research/planning, development, execution, and day-to-day management of emerging and existing methods for course delivery and instructional technology for the College’s full online and hybrid learning offerings.
2. Work with the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs to secure and maintain the College’s accreditation to deliver online degree programs.
3. Collaborate with colleagues in Enrollment Management and Advising Services and Student Learning Resources and Student Success to ensure support for learners in online, hybrid delivery formats.
4. Create a web-based “front door” to online education at the College to link online students to all the information and services needed to succeed in online courses and programs.
5. Advise and work collaboratively with faculty and deans to plan, develop, and coordinate courses and programs employing various distance learning delivery services.
6. Provide leadership and guidance on the field’s best practices, business trends, and quality standards.
7. Evaluate and assess quality of delivery of online offerings using industry standards.
8. Collaborate with the deans to hire and evaluate instructors teaching full online/hybrid courses.
9. Identify opportunities to expand and explore new e-learning solutions and services to increase student engagement, develop/support e-student services, and improve student learning outcomes.
10. Collaborate and manage relationships with the College’s Information Technology Services to ensure help desk and related technology support for the learning management system.
11. Collaborating with IT and the CITO, provide oversight for the planning, implementation, evaluation, and maintenance of e-learning technologies including oversight of the College Moodle Learning Management System and other related technologies employed to enhance the student learning experience.
12. Lead a team that will bring together faculty, professional staff, instructional design, and online learning into a coordinated approach to the design and deployment of content.
13. Collaborate with the Coordinator of the Teaching Learning Center to ensure ongoing support and training throughout the development, implementation, and revision of e-learning courses and strategies.
14. Develop and assess annual goals and targets for online learning expansion and student learning outcomes based on the college’s strategic plan.
15. Serve as College’s point of contact for the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) and ensure continuous authorization to operate online courses/programs in compliance with the current version of the SARA Policy and Operations Manual.
1. Master’s degree in academic technologies, instructional design, teaching and learning theory, curriculum development, or a job-related field.
2. Equivalent of five years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience leading collaborative teams in the design, development, implementation, and support of technical projects, hybrid and fully online programs, technologies for learning management, collaboration, communication, productivity, and business management support functions in support of student success.
3. Experience managing front-end and back-end learning management system functionality using Moodle, Blackboard, or other widely used products in postsecondary settings.
4. Two years of recent experience in a supervisory role.
5. Experience as a faculty member at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution teaching in face-to-face, fully online, and hybrid formats.
6. Project management skills, ability to work in teams, build and maintain strong working relationships within and across organizational units, exercise creative problem-solving skills, and well versed in conflict resolution.
7. Demonstrated ability to develop and manage unit budgets.
8. Strong verbal and written communication skills using Standard American English.
9. Excellent student-focused customer service skills.
10. Demonstrated ability to use technology to collect and analyze data to write effective reports, presentations, design specifications, and technical documentation, as well as technical support related explanations for a variety of audiences.
COMPENSATION: Full-time, Non-Unit Professional Position. Annual Salary Range of $97,500-$105,000, dependent upon qualifications. Includes participation in a comprehensive employee benefits program.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 6, 2018