Dental Hygiene Faculty Member
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Dental Hygiene Program Faculty Member will prepare, present, and evaluate lecture and clinic curriculum according to ADA accreditation requirements and College policies and procedures. Position to be filled for the Fall Semester, 2018.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
1. Responsible for creating syllabi /schedules for: (DEN103) Principles of Oral Radiology and all sections of oral radiology laboratories; (DEN236) and (DEN238) extramural rotations, and (DEN105) Community Dental Health.
2. Plan, supervise and evaluate clinical/extramural learning experiences for students.
3. Schedule the yearly Total Compliance seminar and supervise compliance with HIPAA policy and post-exposure management/documentation.
4. Use established calibration protocol to evaluate student performance of clinical skills and related practice procedures pertaining to radiography, office management software and electronic health records.
5. Provide academic advising for students.
6. Participate in College meetings and College committees as assigned. Participate in Dental Hygiene Program, Health Science Department and Division meetings. Participate in weekly faculty team meetings.
7. Participate in calibration sessions for clinical faculty.
8. Participate in the management of the on-site clinic. Work with clinical facilitators to monitor the clinic and extramural equipment repair list and inform the Dental Hygiene Administrative Assistant when repairs are needed.
9. Participate in the program’s curriculum management plan/curriculum review meetings, and quality assurance plan. Work with clinic facilitators to keep a record of student CPR and health insurance documentation.
10. Actively engage in professional development activities, maintaining current knowledge of area-specific subjects consistent with teaching assignments and educational methodology concepts to maintain professional and academic competence according to CODA standards.
11. Participate in the preparation of the program self-study and accreditation process.
12. Serve as a co-advisor to the Dental Hygiene Club/ADHA student members. Coordinate with co-advisors regarding club events and budget requests.
1. Graduate of an accredited dental hygiene program.
2. Master’s degree in dental hygiene or related field.
3. Registered dental hygienist; eligible for Massachusetts dental hygiene licensure.
4. Current certification in the administration of local anesthesia. Eligible for Massachusetts Permit L.
5. Current CPR and AED certification at BLS / Health Care Provider level.
6. Current membership in the American Dental Hygienists’ Association.
7. Demonstrated college level teaching experience.
8. Five years of current practice experience in a public health setting, private dental practice, and/or dental clinic.
9. Experience utilizing digital radiography and computerized dental management software.
10. Evidence of current teaching methodologies, including experience with media, innovative use of evolving instructional technologies in the classroom, and the use of learning management systems such as Moodle.
11. Skill in implementing active and collaborative learning strategies.
12. Skill in measuring student learning outcomes, evaluating course efficacy, and assessing and improving student learning.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Experience teaching dental public health/community dental health courses at the college level.
2. Community College teaching experience.
3. Experience using TalEval computerized clinical software.
4. Experience, appreciation and commitment to working in a global, multicultural academic setting.
COMPENSATION: Average salary range of $44,874 to $65,428. Actual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and consistent with the MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Includes participation in a comprehensive employee benefits program.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 29, 2018