Employee Relations Manager
Nature of Work
The Employee Relations Manager will work in collaboration with HR Business Partners, HR leadership, Title IX/Social Equity, team, legal counsel, supervisors and managers to ensure a fair and consistent approach to employee relations that aligns with organizational policies and procedures. This role will complete end to end case management for employee issues, conduct investigations, provide guidance, perform root cause analysis, identify trends, and develop common tools and approaches to effectively manage employee relations matters. Creates and/or conducts appropriate training for managers related to compliance matters.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business/Public Administration or related field.
• A minimum of three years of employee/employer relations experience; OR a minimum of six years of generalist experience to include three years of progressively responsible human resources employee/employer relations experience.
• Demonstrated ability to influence, communicate and build relationships at all levels.
• Effective oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and training.
• Proficient knowledge of employment, wage and hour, FMLA, Title IX, Title VI, Title VII, and other employment-related laws.
• Ability to interpret legislation and translate requirements into necessary policy and procedure to ensure compliance.
• Ability to balance both university and HR mandates.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, possibly conflicting, priorities.
• Ability to interact with employees and managers in a way that addresses conflicting concerns and influences decision makers.
• Possesses strong problem solving, conflict resolution, and decision making skills.
• Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business/Public Administration or related field.
• Juris Doctorate or equivalent. Experience in a post-secondary education environment.
• PHR/SPHR certification.
$52,056.00(minimum) - $65,676 (midpoint)
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
Typical office environment including periods of sitting, standing and computer/keyboard use; moving between buildings or campus locations for meetings and events.
Notice to Applicants
Please be advised that should you be recommended for a position, University System of Georgia Board of Regents policy requires the completion of a background check as a prior condition of employment.