Systems Specialist I, II, III - Student Center
Systems Specialist I, II, III - Student Center
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
Maintains systems technical performance and resolves technical issues to ensure availability, reliability, stability, and scalability of assigned IT systems infrastructure. Supports system technology and user support. May develop tools and applications and be responsible for the integration of technologies, creative approaches to solving problems, and innovative use of technology.
Graduation from an accredited institution with an associate’s degree in Information Technology or related field plus one year of related experience. Prefer at least six months experience related to the administration and maintenance of enterprise-level IT systems or any combination of education and experience totaling three years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience working in a customer service, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of various computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, power point, internet tools, e-mail systems, performance monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and application network protocols, firewall management, operating system configuration, anti-virus software, relational database(s).
- Knowledge of load balancing, clustering, and caching procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of and experience with Active Directory or other LDAP directories.
- Advanced knowledge of at least two of the following: Linux, MySQL, Oracle, Apache, XML, Mac OS, and Windows OS.
- Advanced technical skill troubleshooting hardware and software problems and researching technical issues.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to clearly present technical ideas to non-technical users.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain server system hardware including SCSI, RAID, SAN/NAS, and I/O topology.
- Ability to apply applications such as SunGard/SCT, Crystal Reports, Job Submission, Business Objects Server, SQL, PL/SQL, mySQL, SQL Server, and/or MS Access.
- Ability and experience creating scripting code.
- Ability and experience performing database administration functions.
- Ability and experience creating, documenting, and maintaining customization to web applications.
- Ability and experience creating, maintaining, and distributing software library.
- Ability and experience installing networking equipment and creating desktop images.
This position is a career ladder position and will be placed at one of the following grade levels depending on qualifications:
Level I - Graduation from an accredited institution with an associate’s degree in Information Technology or related field plus one year of experience related to the Summary of Duties, including six months administering and maintaining enterprise-level IT systems or any combination of education and experience directly related to the Summary of Duties totaling three years.
Level II - Graduation from an accredited institution with an bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or any combination of education and experience totaling four years directly related to the Summary of Duties, including administering and maintaining enterprise-level IT systems.
Level III - Graduation from an accredited institution with an bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field plus one year of experience administering and maintaining enterprise-level IT systems or any combination of education and experience totaling five years in information technology three of which must be directly related to the Summary of Duties, including the administration and maintenance of enterprise-level IT systems.
Physical ability to perform manual work.
Must be able to lift equipment weighing more than 25 lbs.
Speak, listen, see, fine hand manipulation, stand, sit, bend, walk.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
You may be eligible for a 3 credit hour or 1 class tuition waiver after 6 consecutive months of employment and a minimum of 475 hours worked. Dependents do not qualify for a waiver.
Pay Range: $31,554 - $50,750
Advertisement Number: STA71718 Student Life Staff 04/20/2018
Open Date: 04/06/2018
Review Start Date: 04/16/2018
Close Date: 4/20/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/6039
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.