Invitation to Apply:
William Paterson University invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant reporting to the Chief of Staff. The Assistant provides support for the administrative functions of the President's Office, and supports the Associate Vice President for Government and External Relations. The assistant exercises discretion and good judgment in the execution of assigned responsibilities.
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 11,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 370-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
- Providing administrative support to the President, Chief of Staff, and Associate VP for Government and External Relations on routine and special projects as assigned.
- Maintaining and managing office calendars, and assisting with the coordination of site visits as well as small gatherings for VIP visitors to the campus.
- Serving as the initial point of contact in the Presidents Office for visitors, including academic and community leaders.
- Assisting with the compilation of data and preparation of reports.
- Independently drafts correspondence and communications.
- Coordinating logistical aspects related to the assigned official functions on and off campus including but not limited to travel, catering and other ancillary activities.
- Assisting with the management of the departmental budget.
- Five (5) years of experience as an executive assistant to a senior executive.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, customer Service and organizational skills.
- Experience working in a fast paced, complex work environment with multiple and competing deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Flexibility to work occasional early morning and evening hours.
Salary and Benefits:
48,000.00 - $55,000.00
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package, including tuition waiver for dependent children after one year of full-time employment.
Ability to proofread for both content and grammar
Experience working with diverse populations
Possess prior experience in a college/university setting
Invitation to apply:
Please click to Apply for the position.
Interested candidates will be prompted to:Complete an application Submit a cover letter and resume Provide names/contacts of three professional references. Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration. If you have any general questions related to this search, please email email@example.com.
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students. Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.