IT Support Professional Manager (Helpdesk Manager) (in Savannah)
Job Purpose: Lead a small to mid-level team of IT professionals in support of a unit's IT systems, technology and requirements. Ensures that unit's IT needs are effectively defined and resources are provided and maintained to meet those needs. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing performance, providing feedback, and making pay recommendations.
- Collaborates with unit management to gain understanding of functions administered; define type and extent of IT services required to support those functions. Keeps unit management informed regarding status and viability of unit systems.
- Defines and establishes priorities for hardware and software support, maintenance, upgrades and replacements based on unit needs. Manages the integration and operation of networking, AV, security, disaster planning/recovery, email, and other internal IT business systems/programs in conjunction with OIT and campus systems.
- Establishes IT related objectives and work plans; defines and delegates assignments to unit IT staff.
- Monitors IT staff efforts in the installation and maintenance of unit IT hardware and software; evaluate staff performance and provide feedback.
- Review and approve recommendations for additional programs and upgrades of existing programs.
- Develop and maintain unit IT policies and procedures consistent with Institute policy. Develops SOPs and technical documentation.
- Performs research and analysis and investigates possible IT solutions to unit functional issues. Provides consultation for highly complex IS/IT problems.
- Responsible for project leadership and implementation.
- Responsible for unit administration and assigned budgets.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Six to eight years related job experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced knowledge of and skills in the development, installation and maintenance of IT hardware and software applicable to assigned unit. Additionally, skills in project management, organization, communications and customer service are required.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: ITIL and/or ITSM certifications
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience working in FootPrints or ServiceNow
- Supporting technologies and users in a virtual desktop environment (e.g. VMware Horizon)
- Utilizing and supporting Collaboration tools (WebEx Meeting Center, WebEx Support Center, Skype for Business, et)
- Supporting and managing a distributed workforce
- Mac OS Administration Experience
- Active Directory Experience
Additional Information: This position is located in Savannah, GA.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: unit and OIT management and staff, vendors. This position typically will advise and counsel: unit management and staff. This position will supervise: unit IT staff.
Georgia Tech Professional Education allows working professionals and industry partners to access the expertise of a world-renowned technological research university. As an academic division of the Georgia Institute of Technology, we embrace the Georgia Tech values of integrity, excellence, impact and innovation. These values drive every aspect of our programs.
We deliver a continuum of learning: an ongoing array of educational courses, professional master’s degree programs, and industry partnerships. At Georgia Tech, we’re wired to look forward – to anticipate and innovate. Our participants experience unparalleled professional instruction, with content and delivery engineered for practicality, flexibility, and convenience.
Our worldwide programs – covering numerous industries – can serve a professional over one, or multiple careers. By helping people learn forward, Georgia Tech Professional Education prepares individuals and industries for the future.
Taught by top faculty and leading industry experts, our courses are relevant and immediately applicable in the workplace. We offer an expanding range of easily accessible degree programs and short professional development courses. We also host English as a second language skills enhancement studies, community-specific outreach, and learning-centered meeting and conference facilities.