IT Support Professional II (Term position)
Description Job Purpose: Provide unit level support in the installation, operation and maintenance of computer systems. Position typically addresses a wide variety of applications often involving highly complex issues, working under general supervision while providing work guidance to lower levels.
- Install, maintain and upgrade workstation and peripheral hardware and software.
- Analyze and resolve complex workstation, application and server related problems.
- Update desktop software/applications; maintain documentation on installed applications.
- Provide users with assistance in working in specific applications.
- Participate in development of standard operating procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Two to four years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced knowledge of and skill in the installation and maintenance of information technology hardware and software, requiring a full understanding of industry practices and campus policies and procedures. Included are skills in problem solving, decision making, customer service, system documentation and communications.
Preferred Qualifications: •Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree in technology and information systems or an equivalent combination of education
•Preferred Work Experience: 4+ years of support experience working in an IT desktop support environment. Experience with Microsoft Active Directory services, Windows 10 operating systems, Mac OS X operating systems, Windows Server operating systems, Windows image creation, OSX clone/image creation, computer management software (e.g. SCCM/Altiris/LanDesk), trouble ticket systems, SQL databases, server administration consoles, automating tasks, scripting, etc.
•Preferred Certifications: CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Security +
•Preferred Skills: Strong skills in the following areas: critical thinking skills, technical aptitude to learn, assess, plan, implement and support new software and hardware technologies. Strong customer service approach and interpersonal/communication skills, Agility to handle increased workloads during peak times. Strong knowledge of office software products and technical expertise in the maintenance of Windows and Apple computers/devices and peripherals; understanding of TCP/IP networking, Windows domains, and network file and print servers; Strong knowledge and understanding of networking concepts (client/server networking, dhcp, dns, firewall rules, etc.)
Additional Information: Please note that this is a Limited Term position. Other duties may include: • Collaborate with network services, software systems engineering and/or application development to restore service and/or identify problems • Proactively recommend solutions to address technology support blind-spots • Participate in cross-functional team projects as required Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: users within assigned unit which can include management, faculty and staff personnel. This position typically will advise and counsel: users and other support personnel. This position will supervise: NA.