Salary $36,500 - $40,000
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for managing the day to day activities in institutional effectiveness, Strategic Planning Online (SPOL), gathering data, completing surveys, verifies and checks already-entered data, independently gathers and analyzes data, produces data reports published on the Accountability website and sent to external constituencies, helps maintain and track the office deadlines calendar management including auditing and reconciling upcoming and current projects and generally assists in department projects, etc.
Typical Duties/Job Duties
1. Plans and organizes work to ensure completion of tasks and functions in a timely manner, prior to all deadlines. Establishes office and records maintenance procedures ensuring adherence to records maintenance, confidentiality and other related University and departmental procedures.
2. Conducts routine research into institutional history data, verifying and/or forwarding information as appropriate.
3. Maintains accurate historical data for use in future reporting and planning.
4. Tracks compliance with institutional effectiveness planning.
5. Coordinates and administers institutional effectiveness reports for accreditation and accountability needs.
6. Manages and maintains the university's institutional effectiveness plans and establishes training options for information repositories, Strategic Planning Online (SPOL), and other compliance processes.
7. Creates easily accessible reports that end-users can run for continued improvement.
8. Supports the Director and campus in accreditation and strategic planning efforts.
9. Gathers and updates data from Banner and various ASU departments to complete tasks including but not limited to: completing and updating surveys and other questionnaires.
10. Maintains consistent and accurate communication with the Director and Accountability Office as well as constituencies.
11. Assists the Director in monitoring changes, in a timely manner, and adhering to institutional, state, and/or federal rules and regulations.
12. Maintains files on current projects, surveys and forms, enters into the records system.
13. Responds to external survey requests by completing and/or assisting other departments in a timely manner, completes Accountability data for research surveys. Conducts routine research into data, verifying and/or forwarding information as appropriate.
14. Assists with THECB, LBB and IPEDS reports to insure correctness of information; brings questions or problems to the Director for instruction and or resolution.
15. Corresponds via email regarding departmental services and updates. Composes correspondence from personal knowledge of subject matter or from instructions.
16. Participates in training activities as required or desired.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Be skilled in public contact and relations. Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituents both orally and in writing; working tactfully with administration, faculty, students and the general public;
· Knowledge of general office procedures and practices; Advanced knowledge and proficiency of word processing and spreadsheet applications and software i.e. ability to set up and complete mail-merge, document formatting and editing, apply spreadsheet formulas and set up spreadsheets; basic accounting; data entry and data gathering techniques, familiarity with software programs is beneficial;
· Ability to read, write, and speak in English; ability to perform mathematical calculations; ability to organize and complete detailed tasks accurately and timely; ability to perform work requiring technical and analytical skills; ability to organize workflow and coordinate multiple details, projects, and priorities; ability to maintain accurate records/logs; to work weekends and evenings as may be required.
· Ability and willingness to pay attention to detail, organize, be proactive, think logically, work both independently and in groups, work with numbers, maintain confidentiality and follow policies and regulations.
Bachelor's degree in education, business, public administration, statistics or related field. At least two years experience in a professional setting (technology management, project management, planning, training, program development or assessment or similar area dealing with numbers-and accompanying issues regarding accuracy, organization, and detail-and record of supporting multiple but very different projects simultaneously).
Requires prolonged period of sitting, occasional walking, and intermittent bending and standing; medium level of manual dexterity; occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected]