Bisk is seeking a Vice President, Marketing who can take us to the next level of growth at a revolutionary time for the company. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a team that is making a lasting impact on higher education.
The Vice President, Marketing is responsible for creating, managing and executing marketing strategies across multiple channels to meet or exceed student recruitment and enrollment goals for a portfolio of 150 degree and 250 certificate programs from top-tier, non-profit universities. The online programs are extensions of our university partners’ graduate, undergraduate or certificate offerings. Examples might be a certificate in Leadership and Management from University of Notre Dame or a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Villanova’s College of Nursing.
The ideal leader will have a combination of visionary, strategic and pragmatic skills, encompassing both strong strategic product marketing abilities and hands-on tactical involvement. This individual will lead a team of 70+ marketing professionals. As a member of the senior leadership team, the Vice President, Marketing will have a highly visible leadership role, driving joint initiatives across cross-functional teams, including enrollment, technology, client services, product management, learning experience design, finance, legal and operations.
The candidate will leverage and evolve the Bisk brand in two B2B spaces: new university partners seeking online program management services and new corporate partners seeking enterprise learning solutions.
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Exceptional people and team management skills (high EQ)
- Effective influencing skills — proven ability to persuade others towards an idea or goal
- Humble — listen first, then respond
- Ability to express ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing, at board, peer and team level
- Able to motivate individuals from different backgrounds and with different styles
- Track-record of hiring, developing, engaging and retaining top talent
- Entrepreneurial, roll-up-the-sleeves mentality
- Cool under pressure, resilient
- Self-directed/motivated, bold thinker
- Superior executive presence with the credibility to present ideas and recommendations at all organizational levels including the Executive Leadership Team (ELT)
- Decision-making rooted in data rather than opinion
- Strong listening, information-gathering and empathy skills for uncovering and defining deliverables, needs and outcomes
- Transparent, authentic and accountable
- Creative thinker with an appetite for healthy debate and a willingness to put ego aside
- Thrives in a fast-paced team environment and is readily adaptable to change
- Empathetic but able to make difficult decisions; decisive
- High integrity and accountability. Fits culture of openness, direct communication, honesty
- Mission driven, passionate about transforming education
- 15+ years of increasingly responsible senior-level positions in marketing management at well-regarded companies with complex operating practices
- Experience in B2B and B2C multichannel marketing with a strong focus on digital
- Proven success in strategically repositioning products and services to reach organizational goals
- Strong P&L management; drives results, controls costs and delivers profits
- Analytics and financial acumen, success managing multimillion dollar marketing budgets
- Success leading a marketing organization in a highly regulated environment
- International and agency experience a plus
Be Bold: We take action and focus on impact. We speak openly with candor and respect. We focus on results over process. We make smart decisions and execute effectively.
Be Humble: We’re difficult to offend and quick to forgive. We work as a team. If the floor is dirty, we pick up a broom. We’re quick to admit mistakes and are egoless when searching for the best solutions.
Be Remarkable: We are self-motivated, self-disciplined and self-aware. Going the extra mile isn’t a rarity, it’s standard practice. We create incredible products and deliver memorable experiences.
Bisk is the leading provider of online program management services to universities and corporations around the world. Since our founding in 1971, we have been helping lifelong learners reach their personal and professional goals. For the past 20 years, our online program management services have helped universities expand their institutional reach and deliver quality programs at scale. We’ve facilitated over one million enrollments for clients including Villanova, Notre Dame, Michigan State and University of South Florida. Additionally, Bisk works with more than 100 corporations to provide corporate learning solutions that close key skill and competency gaps. Bisk is headquartered in Tampa, Florida, with more than 700 employees. We are passionate about education and defined by our mission to amplify potential. We are looking for people who share that passion and can help us shape the future of learning.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran