HCCS Guidance Counselor
Provides counseling services to gifted and talented students in the Hunter College Campus Schools.
- Provides guidance to students, families, and other school professionals on issues related to College selection, application, and transition
- Provides personal and/or academic counseling to students, coordinating with parents/guardians and other professionals
- Gives seminars and workshops on issues such as social development, life transitions, and the college application process
- Responds to urgent situations as needed
- Maintains documentation in accordance with policy
- Performs related duties as assigned.
HCCS Guidance Counselor
Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with school counseling experience. Master's degree and New York State certification as a School Counselor is preferred and required within the first four years of employment.
Hunter College Campus Schools follows the salary guidelines of the New York City Department of Education.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin April 23, 2018
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
Job Title: HCCS Guidance Counselor (Hunter College Campus Schools)
Job ID: 18549
Location: Hunter Campus Schools
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.