Administrative Support Coordinator - FNP Program (Part - Time)
Job ID: 24519
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job Code: 1035
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator II
Salary Range: $3,115/month - $5,316/month
FLSA status: Non - Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
*This is a part-time (0.5 FTE) position.*
The Administrative Support Coordinator for the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program works under the direction of the FNP Program Director/Coordinator and is responsible for assisting with various projects in the FNP program; including assisting with application review, processing documentation needed for achievement of the masters project oral presentations, scheduling meetings, mapping student progress through the program, tracking student clinical practicum hours, scheduling rooms, and collaborating with other units in the University as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares student application files and is directly responsible for review of FNP applications per academic year.
- Corresponds directly with students concerning missing data, reviews process with Program Director, sends letters to students and follows up on admission status.
- Serves as "go to" coordinator during summer, winter, and spring breaks when faculty is not available.
- Serves as "resident expert" for PeopleSoft issues.
- Works with registrar to get students coded for special sessions registration; responsible for sending students registration instructions and add codes for special sessions (Masters) courses. Assigns add codes during 1st 2 weeks of Fall Semester and troubleshoots registration issues for students.
- Assist with obtaining ongoing information and communication with students thru surveys, interviews and dialogue. Utilizing Google applications and Qualtrics surveys.
- In partnership with the Program Director, create agenda for FNP Faculty committee meetings and keep members informed of FNP activities ongoing basis. Record minutes and documents timely by posting them to shared drive. As well as identify action items for follow-up at monthly FNP Committee meetings.
- Assist in the coordination of various projects in the FNP program such as promotional, recruitment efforts, and interview activities as requested (including attending information sessions at area hospitals, setting up sessions).
Education and Experience
Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents and three years of related office work experience.
- Some College Education
- Experience with Micro Office Suite, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Publisher/Google docs.
- Experience with Qualtrics & MailChimp survey analytic databases
- Experience with Blackboard & PeopleSoft Student Records
- Experience with scheduling
- Experience with catering and organizing events
- Experience in directing students to appropriate resources on campus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently, and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist.
- Ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to work area.
- Thorough knowledge of CMS/PeopleSoft functionality/reports.
- Ability to research issues related to schedule conflicts.
- Thorough knowledge of PeopleSoft reporting functions.
- Expertise in using office software packages, technology, and systems such as PC or Macintosh computers, with experience in Google mail and calendaring, Qualtrics, Mailchimp, MS Office, databases, spreadsheets, and graphics programs.
- Ability to understand problems from a broader perspective and anticipate the impact of office administration problems and solutions on other areas.
- Ability to analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions.
- Knowledge of registration processes and deadlines.
- Ability to apply discretion and confidentiality of student information.
- Ability to apply project management skills to assess clinical site needs and adjust schedule/disseminate information to students and faculty.
- Ability to perform business math, analyze budgetary data, and make accurate projections requiring some inference.
- Ability to effectively write and present reports.
- Ability to use negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve results and expedite projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
April 6, 2018
Application Screening begins April 23, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a driminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046