Course Preparation Specialist - Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (A1800209)
Course Preparation Specialist
Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Course Preparation Specialist in the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (CITL). The Course Preparation Specialist is responsible for working on courses across multiple CITL instructional design teams, in multiple learning management systems (LMSes), and with multiple faculty to prepare online courses for re-offering. The Course Preparation Specialist is also responsible for staying current with campus-supported educational technologies with an eye toward increasing the efficiency of the role and for assisting with the technical support offered to faculty of online courses. The role will occasionally support the development of new online courses as well. This position is a 100% full-time, benefit's eligible Academic Professional position. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with instructors to prepare existing, fully-developed online courses to be offered again.
- Provide ongoing support to instructors during the delivery of their online course.
- Continuously enhance and streamline the process of preparing an existing, fully-developed online course to be offered again.
- Develop educational materials such as lectures, quizzes, surveys, assessments, and instructional pages.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience developing content or managing course sites within Learning Management Systems such as Blackboard and Moodle.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to function in a team environment.
- Strong time-management skills including the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects while meeting deadlines in a timely fashion.
- Experience working in Higher Education. Experience administering Collaborate or other web conferencing systems.
- Experience taking a fully-online course as a student. Experience with automation tools.
Application: To ensure full consideration application materials must be received by April 23, 2018. Interviews may begin prior to the close of the search however a hiring decision will not be made until after April 23, 2018. Start date is as soon as possible. All candidates must create a candidate profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references. In addition to the required background check, proof of degree(s) and/or any required certifications will be required upon acceptance of a contingent offer. For further information regarding application procedure, contact Jennifer Steiling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Course Preparation Specialist - Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (A1800209)
Open Date: 04/06/2018
Close Date: 04/23/2018
Organization Name: Center Innov in Teach Learn