Associate Director of Development, Leeds School of Business
The Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado Boulder is inviting applications for an Associate Director of Development. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development this position coordinates, directs, and implements development activities. The Associate Director is responsible for planning, implementing and coordinating fundraising activities for designated programs. This position plans and carries out the institution's program of soliciting major gifts. The incumbent will focus on significant gifts of at least $50,000 with a goal of cultivating existing and new relationships with the intent of sustaining and increasing the relationship with the donor.
Who we are:
The Leeds School of Business is on a trajectory to become one of our nation's preeminent business schools. Through a culture centered on integrity and excellence, Leeds is devoted to producing innovative, principled business leaders who are equipped to drive value, graduates who possess the analytical abilities and skills needed to succeed in a globally competitive marketplace, and students who are nurtured in academic programs by top-tier faculty and staff.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Portfolio Management and Relationship Cultivation
- Strategically manage a portfolio of between 90 and 100 prospects. Goals are established relating to the number of prospect identifications, personal contacts, number of proposals and closure of current and future gifts to be set with and approved by management.
- Cultivate existing and new donor relationships with individuals, corporations and foundations with the intent of sustaining and increasing donor engagement.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of prospects capable of making significant gifts in order to secure gift commitments of at least $50,000.
- Work closely with University of Colorado Boulder faculty, staff and volunteers to develop and implement comprehensive fund-raising strategies for direct identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects.
- Facilitate productive relationships between donors and CU Boulder administrators, faculty and staff to ensure effectiveness of programs.
- Work to ensure timely, accurate completion of proposals, pledges and fund agreements.
- Document prospect strategies and contact reports, evaluate new prospects and generate stewardship reports and general correspondence to cultivate major gift prospects.
- Represent the School/Institute at events in order to support the University and cultivate donors.
- Serve as an advocate within the University for donors, alumni and friends.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be driven. Be impactful. Be strategic. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 to 5 years of fundraising experience required.
What you will need:
- Ability to work independently, adapt to changing priorities and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to handle sensitive information discreetly and to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to cultivate and solicit donations from individuals at leadership gift level ($50,000+).
- Solid ability to effectively manage third-party relationships.
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new programs quickly.
What we'd like you to have:
- Graduate work in a related field.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by April 20, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-13098.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Development
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 11007 - UCB Development Administration
Posting Date: Apr 6, 2018
Closing Date: Apr 20, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00001194