Instructional Support Specialist
Department: Center for Learning Excellence
Location: Westshore Campus
Reports To: Sr. Instructional Designer
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req176
Employment Type: Part-Time Support Staff
Vacancy Number: PT161-18
Union Position: Union
Work Schedule: 20 hours per week; Days/times to be determined in collaboration with supervisor based on campus needs
Number of Openings: 1
Assists the Instructional Technologist to provide faculty support in the use of instructional technology, and provides a variety of faculty support services including graphic design, illustration, digital video and audio editing, and interactive multimedia development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- *Assists the Instructional Technologist in providing assistance to faculty in utilizing instructional technology.
- *Assists the Instructional Technologist in the development of tools and templates for effective and thoughtful use of academic technology such as tutorials and reference materials.
- *Assists the Instructional Technologist in providing multimedia support in designing and developing instructional media pieces and other course elements for incorporation into classroom, hybrid and full on-line courses.
- *Prepares creative art and layout including web page development and maintenance.
- *Assists faculty with the conversion of classroom based instructional materials conversion to digital formats for online delivery.
- Assists faculty in the use of digital cameras, digital camcorders and digital voice recorders
- Assists faculty in the use of college-supported instructional technologies, including, but not limited to Blackboard, SoftChalk, Lesson Builder, Adobe Presenter, Respondus/Study Mate and Camtasia Relay
- Maintains equipment and facilitates the loaning of digital cameras, camcorders and voice recorders to faculty
- *Proofreads all original material created.
- *Maintains campus and college-wide digital files archive housed on the shared drive.
- *Keeps supervisor informed of project status.
- Anticipates and meets all client needs accurately, professionally, and with a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- denotes Essential Function
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Associate's Degree
- Minimum one year of experience assisting clients in multimedia production
- Excellent customer service skills and proven ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with various specialized software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver), digital video and audio editing, and screen recording.
- Familiarity with various specialized software such as Adobe Illustrator and lnDesign.
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design
- Experience with Blackboard or learning management systems
Special Note:This is a Part-time (1199/SEIU) Bargaining Unit position, Grade 07. Full Time (1199/SEIU) bargaining unit employees at Cuyahoga Community College will be considered first for vacant positions. Minimum rate of pay is $18.30/per hour.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.