JOB NO.: 94000-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Grant, Research, Contract Management
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 94000-AS
Working Title: Contract Negotiator
Official Title: SR ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07BN) or ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN) or ASSOC ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07FN)
Hiring Department: A340270-VCRGE/ADMIN/RSP
Anticipated Begin Date: MAY 14, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $42,167 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's Degree is required. JD is desirable.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
1. Excellent written and oral communication techniques.
2. Ability to think critically.
3. Independent decision making.
4. Comfortable in complex electronic systems.
5. Attention to detail.
6. Ability to apply foundational principals to a variety of situations.
7. Customer service mentality.
8. Ability to interpret policy and procedures as they apply to hundreds of individual situations.
9. Knowledge of, or ability to learn, University, State, Federal and Nonfederal Agency fiscal and administrative rules, regulations and procedures.
10. Knowledge of, or ability to learn, University of Wisconsin-Madison and University of Wisconsin System policies for soliciting and administering extramural support.
11. Knowledge of, or ability to learn, electronic research administration forms, procedures, and submission through electronic interfaces (e.g. PeopleSoft).
12. Knowledge of, or ability to learn, Office of Management and Budget Circulars; funding agency terms and conditions; University Policy and Procedure Papers; State Regulations; Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and agency interpretations; Code of Federal Regulations; and Research Terms and Conditions.
13. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
14. Excellent organizational and time management skills
15. Ability to build consensus to ensure compliant awards
License or certificate:
The University of Wisconsin-Madison's Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (RSP) is responsible for administration of the extramural research grants and contracts to the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the University of Wisconsin-Extension. RSP currently manages an open portfolio of over $4 Billion with annual awards over $1 Billion. The Contract Negotiator will assist in the management of both UW-Madison's and UW-Extension's sponsored projects by processing and negotiating research funding and related agreements. The person in this position will also advise RSP staff, department administrators, researchers and faculty across campus on the implications of the terms and conditions with respect to the research and UW-Madison and UW-Extension policies.
Instructions to applicants:
To be considered, applications must be submitted online. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to start the application process.
Your resume and/or cover letter should include all relevant work experience as it relates to this position, specifically your experience interpreting policy and procedures, providing customer service, and maintaining effective working relationships.
Salary will be determined based on skills and experience.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Apr 6 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: May 4 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time