COLLABORATION SERVICES TECHNOLOGIST
JOB NO.: 94106-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 94106-AS
Working Title: Collaboration Services Technologist
Official Title: SR SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER(T32BN) or SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER(T32DN)
Hiring Department: A067130-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/ENTERPRISE/PCS
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 01, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $60,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
No degree required
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Experience with and understanding of internet standards and protocols such as DNS, HTTP, TLS, REST, SMTP, PKI
* Professional experience with Agile, DevOps, version control, test suite automation, continuous integration, containerization, and deployment methodologies
* Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, managing, and supporting large-scale Enterprise communication and/or collaboration systems (e.g. email, instant messaging, collaboration hub applications, etc.)
* Working knowledge of technical systems related to Identity and Access Management (e.g. LDAP, Shibboleth, multi-factor authentication, etc.)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Project planning and project management experience. Able to coordinate and prioritize different project tasks and effectively manage time and resources.
* A commitment to customer service and excellent customer service skills.
* Commitment to teamwork, balancing team and individual responsibilities, and supporting team efforts to achieve success.
License or certificate:
The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) provides information technology services to UW-Madison, UW System campuses, UW System Administration, and other associated agencies. DoIT employs approximately 900 people and operates with an annual budget of over $100 million dollars. The position is located within the Productivity & Collaborative Solutions Group (PCS). For more information, please visit our website: https://it.wisc.edu/.
PCS specializes in technologies that enable individuals and organizations to work more efficiently and effectively. Our core services include: Office 365; Google Apps; chat/instant messaging; cloud file storage and collaboration; enterprise document storage, management and workflow; and enterprise web content management. Our work includes system acquisition and implementation, technical architecture and design, application integration, custom software development, security operations, consulting, project management, and support of production enterprise system environments.
The Collaboration Services Technologist focuses on development, implementation, and integration of tools and technologies related to enterprise messaging and collaboration systems for campus. As a member of PCS, this position will engage with multiple teams across DoIT and UW Madison to support IT services, develop enhancements based on client feedback, and work to continually improve the service provided to campus.
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should outline how your experience meets the required qualifications of the position.
Please Note - DoIT is unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Apr 6 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: May 4 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time