Clinical Administrative Supervisor
Clinical Administrative Supervisor-1800907
Required Qualifications: (As Evidenced by an Attached Resume)
Bachelor's degree (equivalent) or higher and two (2) years of full time administrative and supervisory experience in a healthcare setting. Proficiency with MS Office and Excel.
Additional three (3) years of administrative and supervisory experience in a healthcare setting. Full time experience coordinating/managing a multi-physician, and or multi-site ambulatory medical office. Financial management and clinical protocol management. Familiarity with EMR, IDX or Patient Keeper. Familiarity w/ WTCHP and Stony Brook processes a plus.
Brief Description of Duties:
The Clinical Administrative Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the clinic and supervising the clerical and LPN Staff. The successful candidate must possess excellent communication and organizational skills. S/he should be a self-starter who is able to work independently.
- Responsible for ensuring all clinical support activities are completed in a timely and efficient manner-i.e. letters, charts, test results, reschedules, etc. Address and/ or ensures that patient concerns or complaints are directed to appropriate personnel and that steps are taken to remedy any problems or clinic deficiencies identified.
- Responsible for ensuring consistency and efficiency with regard to patient flow in order to assure that all patients are seen by providers in a timely fashion.
- Checking documentation of providers, nursing and clerical staff to assure documentation requirements as per NIOSH are being completed in a timely fashion
- Work closely with Nurse Supervisor at the Commack location with regard to coverage of both clinics and to ensure standardization of nurse’s roles at both locations.
- Work closely with the Clinical Admin Supervisor and the Nurse Admin Supervisor at the Commack location, to ensure appropriate data is tracked, compiled and complete reports are provided as required by WTCHP's funding agencies, on a timely basis.
- Responsible for ensuring the most current forms and documents are utilized at all sites in conjunction with the main office.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining current operational manual.
- Responsible for ensuring staff maintains effective coordination of patient transfers between SUNY sites.
- Responsible for ensuring timely distribution of appropriate patient charts and other supporting paperwork between clinical centers as needed, to ensure smooth patient operations at SUNY WTCHP clinic locations.
- Responsible for supervision and personnel management of all clinical clerical and clinical support staff (clerks- reception and files, and LPNs). Including, but not limited to: recruitment and hiring of support staff; securing and providing all ongoing training of clerical staff; coordinating training of clinical staff with RN manager in Commack; generating performance plans; completing performance appraisals keeping staff attendance records and providing input for salary adjustments.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate staffing levels (reception, files and LPN's) for Mineola site. Attend bi-monthly Administration mtgs.
- Responsible for general administration (through main site in Commack) including, but not limited to: specific facility and equipment maintenance, computer access / operations, inventory control, office and building supplies, maintain telephone and cleaning services, and site security - tracking of keys, fobs, building security codes etc.; Ensure all equipment, computers, fax machines, copiers/ scanners etc., are operational and properly supplied on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
About Stony Brook:Long Island’s premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University’s entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, the six Health Sciences schools — Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare — as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County’s only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children’s, with more than 180 pediatric specialists in 30 specialties, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Equal Opportunity Employer, females, minorities, disabled, veterans.
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Administrative Staff Assistant III
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Mineola
Department/Hiring Area: Medicine, World Trade Center Monitoring Program-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30-4:30Medicine, World Trade Center Monitoring Program-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Posting Start Date: Apr 6, 2018
Posting End Date: Apr 20, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: $65,000-$77,000 CWE
Salary Grade: E3