Student and Program Assistant
Student and Program Assistant
Office Support Associate
Toulouse Grad Sch-Dean's Off - 142100
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; Occasional Overtime
The Toulouse Graduate School, with its outstanding faculty, high academic standards, and diverse student body, provides abundant opportunities for graduate students by offering over 100 master's and doctoral programs in a variety of disciplines.
The Toulouse Graduate School Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Student and Program Assistant to join our team.
* Evaluates graduate certificate and degree plans submitted by programs to ensure that the plan of study adheres to the requirements for graduation as well as programmatic and university standards.
* Assists with evaluation of Graduate Student Full-Time Enrollment forms in conjunction with the International Student and Scholar Services Office.
* Assists as needed in evaluation of qualifying exam completion and coordination of commencement ceremonies.
* Review and approve degree plans for all graduate programs for compliance with catalog and University requirements.
* Evaluates degree plan eligibility and returning unprovable plans back to programs.
* Assists with evaluation, approval or disapproval of applications for graduation for master's and doctoral candidates.
* Assists with evaluation and completion of student forms such as full-time enrollment equivalency forms, qualifying examination results, time extension and leave of absence requests, etc.
* Maintains student milestone tracking progress in EIS leading to graduation.
* Accepts and verifies student graduation applications.
* Helps to assemble graduation materials; update degree plan; verify graduation requirements.
* Reviews completion forms submitted by academic departments.
* Collaborates with Registrar's Office to order certificates and ensure delivery to students.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a High school diploma and three years of moderately responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Advanced customer service skills.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience with UNT's Student Information System.
* Demonstrates skill in interpersonal communication.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting