Assistant Director, Educational & Program Assessment
Requisition # 2018-8644
Department Teaching and Learning Center
Category Student Affairs and Services
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Reporting to the Senior Associate Director for Teaching Initiatives and Programs, the position will provide expertise in the development and implementation of assessment processes for educational programs and academic initiatives at Princeton, and will partner with the Senior Associate Director to deepen ongoing faculty development efforts.
The Assistant Director of Educational and Program Assessment (ADEPA) will develop evaluation processes for McGraw Center programs and create mechanisms for ensuring that the work of the center is informed by data. With the goal of improving teaching and learning, the ADEPA will design and implement strategies for assessing teaching and learning initiatives at the course, department, and institutional level, for both residential and online learning.
The position will collaborate with personnel in the Office of Institutional Research, the Office of the Provost, the Office of the Dean of the College, and the academic departments on the implementation of assessment plans, dissemination of results, and follow-up activities.
The Assistant Director of Educational and Program Assessment will:
Conduct direct assessment of McGraw Center's programs:
- With McGraw Center directors, design and implement assessment processes for the center's programs
- Develop processes for making data-informed decisions about the center's work
- Collaborate with the Director and other senior staff to create an annual report
Consult with faculty:
- Design and assist in implementing assessment plans at the course and departmental level
- Consult with faculty on assessment plans to be included in requests for funding from internal and external sources
Conduct direct assessment of residential and online learning initiatives:
- Partner with appropriate University offices and personnel to define projects, develop evaluation plans, and implement assessment processes
- Write up and disseminate reports and recommendations
- Develop and implement plans for follow-up activities and efforts
Collaborate with the Senior Associate Director on faculty development efforts
- Master's or professional degree
- 1 - 3 years of work experience
- Sophisticated knowledge of educational assessment processes
- Demonstrated ability to design and direct assessment projects at different scales
- Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data, as well as present them in multiple forms (including graphical)
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and cogently for different audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and collaboratively with faculty and administrators across a university setting
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ed.D. or Ph.D.
- Experience with inclusive teaching pedagogy
For full consideration, please apply by May 1, 2018.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.