Salary: $40,300 - $69,550
Title: Financial Analyst
Category: Management and Professional
Department: SOM Finance & Administration
Date Posted: 04/06/2018
Position Information: The Financial Analyst will assist with various financial transactions (expense cost transfers, cash receipts recording, budget entries, etc.), data reconciliation and review for the Finance and Administration unit at the UCR School of Medicine (SOM).
Minimum Requirements: Basic proficiency using spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis, fiscal management, and financial reports.
Ability to function as a member of a team.
Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Acquiring ability to gather reasonably retrievable information to organize and perform basic financial analysis assignments.
Basic interpersonal skills; broad service orientation and critical thinking skills; and attention to detail. Under management guidance, uses organizational skills to multi-task in a high volume environment.
Basic knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Basic knowledge of finance policies, practices, and systems.
Preferred Qualifications: Understanding of professional fee billing.
Ability to run ledger reports and download detailed and complex data to Excel.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview