Financial Fiscal Analyst
Salary: $44,200 - $54,950
Title: Financial Fiscal Analyst
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Undergraduate Admissions
Date Posted: 04/06/2018
Position Information: As part of the Undergraduate Admissions Department under Enrollment Services, and the Financial and Administrative Services Team (FAST) the Financial Fiscal Analyst will report to the Fiscal Manager. This position provides support to Enrollment Services (ES), and is responsible for coordinating a variety of financial and administrative analysis services. Participates in long range planning activities, including fiscal planning, personnel action items, event management and inventory control. Responsible for coordinating fiscal and budgetary processes, including general ledger analysis and trending, budget preparation, analysis and reports, salary savings analysis and reporting, personnel action items to include reviewing and advising management on policy and procedures and fiscal closing activities. Maintains appropriate internal controls for fiscal and budgetary transactions to include monitoring/resolving discrepancies and transferring of funds/expenses to appropriate funds within designated timelines. Provides backup assistance to the other nine ES units in the area of financial and administrative support / analysis. This is a one year career position, that has the possibility of being extended with the available funding.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional working relationships, and work as part of a team to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Ability to display initiative and remain flexible in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Ability to organize work, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet and database software.
Working knowledge of financial processes, policies and procedures.
Intermediate knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Skills to provide coaching and mentoring to support staff.
Strong knowledge of financial data management and reporting systems.
Ability to function effectively as a member of a team.
Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, service orientation, active listening, critical thinking, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, organizational skills, effective verbal and written communication skills, sound judgment and decision making.
Knowledge of budget planning, preparation, and administration. Present and defend budget concerns persuasively, and prepare detailed budget reports.
Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures to include fund accounting.
Preferred Qualifications: Working knowledge of federal and state contract and grant agency requirements to include experience interpreting regulations and guidelines.
Knowledge of UC policies and procedures related to finance, purchasing, payroll, personnel, human resources, travel, and entertainment.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview