Evaluator, edTPA, Math and Science
The Evaluator is a member of WGU’s faculty. Evaluators are subject matter experts tasked with reviewing student assessment submissions in a fair and unbiased manner to determine if competency has been demonstrated in a specific course. Evaluators are self-managed, taking initiative and acting independently in completing performance assessment evaluations. As established professionals within their fields, Evaluators bring years of hands-on experience to the position.
The Evaluators work is critical to each student’s experience and success at WGU.
This is a part-time work from home position with the following flexible schedule:
- 20-28 hours per week.
- At least 5 days worked each week, includes some weekend work.
- Minimum 3 hour long working sessions.
Our Evaluators are eligible for our part-time benefits package which includes items such as:
- Performance plus Bonus
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Generous tuition discount for employee and family.
- Apply subject matter expertise and experience utilizing a rubric.
- Craft personalized robust feedback to support accurate scoring of student responses and in the support of student progress.
- Must achieve departmental goals for turnaround time of 72 hours or less.
- Create and implement methods to improve student success and evaluation processes.
- Partners with other faculty and departments to provide closed loop feedback on programs and assessments regarding trends within student submissions.
- Minimum earned Doctoral Degree in a field related to Education and Science or Math.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in field related to Education and Science or Math.
- edTPA scoring experience preferred.
- Qualifications to score in Science AND Math strongly preferred
- Teaching in K12 classroom experience strongly preferred
WORK FROM HOME, United States