International Education Academic Programs Coordinator
International Education Academic Programs Coordinator
(Extended Education Specialist - I)
Apply Today! Open until filled. Application Screening Begins: April 23, 2018
Under the general supervision of the Director of International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS), the incumbent plans, develops, promotes and manages daily operations for the International Education Academic programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serves as the program coordinator and liaison with global CSUMB educational partners for International Programs’ academic programs. In collaboration with academic program directors and Deans, develops programs and ensures appropriate course offerings for international students. Under the direction of the ISSS Director, ensures services and systems are working effectively to support student success and meet program goals. Identifies issues, recommends and implements solutions to problems, and recommends changes in program procedures. Communicates campus policies and procedures. Reviews and assesses programs, generates reports, analyzes surveys and data, and prepares accreditation documents. In collaboration with academic program directors, coordinates the faculty recruitment and appointment process. Collaborates with various offices, such as Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid, and the colleges and academic services to ensure support and services.
- Manages the academic advising and registration of all international students upon matriculation. Reviews students’ transcripts documents and assists students on course selection and class registration. Maintains student files, transcripts and records; ensures strict confidentiality and security of academic records. Processes applications and creates courses for ISSS programs. Coordinates term activation and study agreement processes.
- Serves as the primary academic contact for international students. Completes individual learning plans, reviews academic coursework, and advises students regarding degree requirements. Evaluates courses and credits completed. Works directly with the Academic Program Directors and the Deans to process student academic probation and disqualification situations. Refers students to campus resources and services. Monitors student access and activity in the classroom. Identifies and resolves student problems related to admissions, records and registration, financial aid, graduation requirements and transition to alumni status.
- Carries out day-to-day assignments that affect CSUMB's enrollment goals for the included Extended Ed and International Programs (EEIP). Manages and promotes special events and activities including program presentations, campus recruitment programs, showcases, and open houses in coordination with the Coordinator of International Student Services and other EEIP Staff. Collaborates with other ISSS staff to coordinate orientation, workshops and other events and activities to increase student success and retention. Assists in coordinating activities with other campus departments. Under the supervision of International Student and Scholar Services Director, coordinates the development of the global alumni network, ensuring that all graduates are regularly contacted. Develops marketing material in coordination with the EEIP Marketing Manager and other ISSS staff including online advertisements, email campaigns, brochures and social media campaigns. Manages the development, ongoing maintenance, and updating of the all included academic programs on the International Programs website and the university catalog. Creates and updates informational documents and program materials under the direction of the ISSS Director. Increases public awareness of international programs and activities. Serves as the primary point of contact for academic programs inquiries.
- Provides work direction to student assistants as needed. Serves as Designated School Official (DSO) and Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO). Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: Knowledge of the procedures and practices in educational program and curriculum planning; resources of the campus and the surrounding community; and the processes required to plan and construct academic programs and course outlines.
Ability to: determine needs for new or revised programs; plan course hours and credit; develop course syllabi with instructors; locate instructors and assist them in understanding and completing contract arrangements; develop budgets and analyze costs; write promotional materials and develop a variety of promotional techniques; represent the CSU system to the community and develop working relationships; manage logistics of providing classes; and maintain cost information and records.
Experience: Equivalent to two years of experience in planning classes or programs in a specialized field or area, preferably in higher, extended, or adult education. Experience developing resources, budgets, and marketing plans for educational programs and in acting as a liaison with the community is desirable. Teaching experience in higher or extended education may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis.
Education: Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university, preferably with courses in adult education and curriculum planning.
Knowledge of SEVIS procedures and processes. Working knowledge of all visa regulations. Expertise in providing guidance to international students throughout the visa application process and preparing required documents.
Master’s degree in International Education, Adult Education, Higher Education or related field. Excellent customer service, information literacy, and critical thinking skills. Exceptional ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, persuasive, and tactful manner. Strong interpersonal skills. General knowledge of the methods and problems of organizational and project management. A sincere desire to assist students in general and international students in particular. Technical fluency with Oracle/PeopleSoft, CSU Common Management System or equivalent student / finance information systems; Microsoft Office Professional Suite, and Google's G Suite.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & POSITION DESIGNATIONS:
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check)
- The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position will have responsibilities that require the employee to have either U. S. citizenship or permanent residency status in order to serve as a Designated School Official (DSO), per the Department of Homeland Security requirements.
- This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
- This position has been designated as a sensitive position with access to and responsibility for detailed personally identifiable Level 1 confidential information about students, faculty, staff or alumni that is protected, personal or sensitive as defined in the CSU Information Security Data Classification Standards).
- This position is required to comply with confidentiality requirements outlined in the Department of Education’s Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California’s Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
- Must possess and maintain a valid license to drive in the State of California, pass the Defensive Training Class, and be insurable under the University's liability coverage.
- Occasional evenings and/or weekend work is required.
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time. May require travel between campus offices and off-campus locations.
Anticipated hiring salary in the mid $4,000's/month. For salary range info see: CSU Salary Schedule. CSUMB offers an attractive employee benefits package, CSU Benefits R04. The University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay also provides access to affordable campus housing, Employee Housing.
TENTATIVE RECRUITMENT TIMELINE:
Week of April 30 Campus Interviews
For full consideration, submit the required documents by 5:00 p.m. on the priority screen date listed above. For assistance or if you require an accommodation, please call (831) 582-3389. For computer/online access you may visit the Tanimura and Antle Family Memorial Library (map).
CSU Monterey Bay is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to: Age, Disability, Race or Ethnicity, Gender, Gender Identity or Expression, Nationality, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Genetic Information, Veteran or Military Status.
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.