Resource Development Assistant
Resource Development Assistant
Tracking Code: 936-443
Position Title: Resource Development Assistant
Department: Resource Development
Reports To: Foundation Financial Assistant
Anticipated Starting Date: May 2018
Starting Salary: $15.61 per hour
Excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vacation, paid sick leave, and tuition benefit. For more details about benefits, go to https://www.nmc.edu/hr/ and click on Salaries and Benefits, or request a copy from the Office of Human Resources.
This position provides administrative, donor, and customer service support for the Resource Development Department and the Northwestern Michigan College Foundation. This position also serves as the department receptionist and provides support for events such as the NMC Scholarship Open and the Taste of Success.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- College coursework in related area
- Minimum of one year of office experience
- Spreadsheet skills and experience (i.e. Microsoft Excel).
- Word processing skills and experience (i.e. Microsoft Word).
- Associate's degree
- Experience coordinating events
- Experience in a non-profit setting and a passion for non-profit development
- Experience with database software required, Raisers Edge® donor software
- Experience with print material production, working with vendors, etc.
- Experience working with electronic meeting scheduling
- Experience working with volunteers
- Related work experience in organizing, tracking and reporting on information with special attention to detail
- Valid, unrestricted Michigan Driver's License or ability to obtain by start date
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position.
Applications submitted by 4:30 pm on April 19, 2018 will receive first consideration. Applications must be submitted online at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs. For assistance call 231-995-2612 or 1-800-748-0566 x52612 or email [email protected] .
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.
All applicants are required to review the job description prior to applying. Click here to reviewJob Location Traverse City, Michigan, United States Salary - 15.61 USD Special Instructions to Applicants Please attach resume, cover letter and transcripts to your application. Official transcripts related to the position will be required of all finalists. Please mail to: Northwestern Michigan College Attention: Human Resources 1701 E Front Street Traverse City, MI 49686. or e-mail to: [email protected]