#042-18 DEAN, ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT AND STUDENT SUCCESS
The University of Guam seeks an Administrator who is interested in new challenges and opportunities for professional and personal growth and who is interested in working in a dynamic, multi-cultural institution of higher education in the Pacific.
The University of Guam, Dean, Enrollment Management and Student Success is a member of the Senior Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs’ cabinet that supports and serves the vision of the University of Guam as a student learner centered institution, dedicated to the enhancement of student success, enrollment growth, and institutional visibility. The Enrollment Management and Student Success team provides a new focus for the student services area at the University of Guam. The Dean ensures consistency, currency, responsiveness, and excellence in all aspects of enrollment management and student success which includes admissions, student records, financial aid, health services, career placement, academic and behavioral counseling, residence halls, ADA, student life, and comprehensive efforts toward retention, degree completion, and student advancement.
The Dean of EMSS is responsible for the offices of Admissions and Records, Academic and Behavioral Counseling, Student Life, Career Services, Educational Opportunity Program, Financial Aid, Learning Communities, Student Retention (including the First Year Experience), Student Health (including Wellness), Residence Hall, Triton One Stop Office, Veteran’s Resource Center, and the TRIO Programs (including Student Support Services, Educational Talent Search, and Upward Bound).
CHARACTER OF DUTIES:
Primary duties and responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to the following:
· Serve as the administrative leader of Enrollment Management and Student Success unit and reports to the Senior Vice President, Academic and Student Affairs, with a commitment to shared governance
· Serve as the chief student affairs officer to the Senior Vice President, Academic and Student Affairs and provide leadership to the enrollment services, student affairs, and student service areas at the University, providing a vision and framework for innovative and collaborative programs and services that meet the needs of a diverse student and academic community, and working collaboratively with the Deans of the academic schools and colleges
· Develop and manage a Student Success Plan, and will manage a portfolio consisting of new student orientation and leadership development programs, student activities and student life, student government, health and wellness programs, student conduct and judicial affairs, career services, and services to student with disabilities
· Oversee departments impacting the quality of student experience at the University of Guam from the point of inquiry through enrollment to graduation, including admissions, financial aid, student records, and off-campus enrollments
· Exercise vision, ethical leadership and develop effective marketing strategies designed to increase enrollments and expand markets for the University
· Managing the resources of the Enrollment Management and Student Success units, including student recruitment and retention initiatives
· Coordinates international student exchange initiatives in collaboration with the institution’s academic deans and international programs office, coordinates assessment activities, and carries out other administrative functions such as report development, contract oversight, budget development and performance reviews
· Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum: An earned master’s degree from a U.S. regionally-accredited institution or foreign equivalent, sufficient for appointment to the rank of a junior faculty; Demonstrated ability to implement change and provide ethical leadership; At least three years combined successful administrator and program chair/manager experiences at an institution of higher education, including resource management, program evaluation, needs assessment and customer service; Demonstrated understanding of the enrollment management and student affairs organization model; Proven track record of experience leading a diverse administrative staff in a higher education setting; Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate student activities and solve student grievances; Demonstrated effectiveness in budget planning and fiscal management in a shared governance environment; Experience working with culturally diverse populations; U.S. citizen or permanent resident for Designated School Official (DSO) eligibility in the Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). Demonstrate the ability to work in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment.
Desirable: Demonstrated ability to participate effectively as a member of a collaborative professional leadership team; A successful track record in marketing, admissions, student success and enrollment management initiatives; Demonstrated ability to interact effectively in a culturally and ethnically diverse community; Sense of humor and ability to foster unit and focus within the student support area, displaying support for emerging models of technology infusion.
Preferred: An earned doctorate from a U.S. regionally-accredited institution or foreign equivalent; Experience in developing and implementing a student retention plan; Ability to articulate a vision for the future of marketing, student services, enrollment management, and student success in a land-grant, commuter, open-admission institution; Demonstrated commitment to consultative processes, and team consensus building; Demonstrated experience in a higher education student success initiative that supports student retention, persistence to degrees, and student achievement; Familiarity and experience in the use of the student database system and interacting at the National level with other land grant institutions.
Applicants for University of Guam administrator positions must complete an online job application through the UOG online employment portal at https://uog.peopleadmin.com. Please have the following documents prepared and ready to upload with your application:
(1) Letter of application that describes candidate’s qualifications
(2) Curriculum vitae
(3) Copies of all graduate and undergraduate transcripts
Special Instructions for References: Three (3) current letters of recommendation from persons knowledgeable about your academic and professional performance must be provided by providing a list of at least three (3) references to be contacted on the References section of the online application. Enter each reference by clicking on the “Add References Entry” button. Provide the name, title, email address, mailing address, and telephone number of each reference. A system automated email will be sent to each reference’s email address with a link to attach their reference letter to your application.
Selected candidate must provide official transcripts prior to hire date. For further information, please contact Mr. Jonas D. Macapinlac, Search Committee Chair, email@example.com or the Human Resources Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone number, (671) 735-2350 or fax number at (671) 734-6005.
Police and Court Clearance: Pursuant to Public Law No. 28-24 and Executive Order 2005-34, applicants selected for a position are required to provide original police and court (Superior Court of Guam) clearances of no more than three (3) months old prior to commencement of employment.
Applicants must provide police and court clearances to verify that they were not convicted of any crimes connected to the position applied for and were not convicted of any crimes that prohibit employment. Off-island applicants must obtain clearances from their place of residence to include county and state clearances. Applicants are responsible for fees associated with obtaining the clearances.
Apply for #042-18 DEAN, ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT AND STUDENT SUCCESS
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly