Admissions/Records Evaluator II
Cosumnes River College
Admissions/Records Evaluator II
Job Posting Number: C00572P
Salary: $3,695.23 per month
Closing Date: 4/24/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6779
A lead level class of the series. Incumbents, under general supervision of assigned manager/supervisor, are normally assigned lead evaluation responsibilities for admissions, transfer, and graduation requirements in the admissions and records office. Assigned duties usually include lead responsibility of classified employees and require extensive knowledge of the policies, rules and procedures of the area to which the position is assigned. Incumbents may be assigned to work with veterans’ affairs as an additional responsibility. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Student Services department.
● Oversees and leads the work of other classified employees, students and temporary staff.
● Resolves conflicts.
● Distributes, explains, receive, and checks for completion and accuracy of: transcripts, graduation certificates, and other petitions.
● Use of PeopleSoft software, including the Degree Audit module, for Admissions/Records data including but not limited to: data entry, retrieval of data, transcript review and printing, external transcript review and coursework data entry, and college catalog data.
● Researches, interprets, and applies varied and complex policies, regulations, procedures, and guidelines related to transfer credits and graduation requirements.
● Composes and prepares graduation certificates, denial letters, and correspondence.
● Processes Social Security number changes.
● Works with counselors to resolve graduation petitions, obtain clarification on decisions, and resolve issues.
● Verifies that athletes meet all unit requirements, grade point average, and transfer rules as determined by the Community College Athletic Commission.
● Performs a variety of clerical and technical duties involving student registration, admissions, veterans’ affairs, and records maintenance including the posting of repeats, degrees, and certificates.
● Communicates with students, staff, and other individuals to disseminate or explain information.
● Aids students in registration and admissions procedures by giving information about admission and graduation requirements, prerequisites, and courses offered.
● Prepares and maintains student files.
● Reviews files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
● Compiles data for and prepares statistical and other reports on various registration, admission, veterans’ affairs, and records related topics for District and external agencies as needed.
● Prepares information for data processing from various source documents and checks output for completion and accuracy.
● Arranges appointments for staff and students.
● Orders diplomas and certificate.
● Performs related duties as required.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Four years of increasingly responsible clerical experience preferably including college admissions and records clerical experience. (One year of college level business or clerical course work may be substituted for one year of general work experience).
Promotional: Two years of experience in Los Rios Community College District performing clerical duties at the level of A/R Clerk II/III or one year performing clerical duties at the level of A/R Evaluator I. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.