Technology Support Specialist
POSITION SUMMARY:Under moderate day-to-day supervision, with a moderate degree of independent judgment and discretion, provides hardware, software, networking, and server support as required by the Technology Desk.
- Provide level one and two technical support for Mac and PC computers, peripherals and associated equipment.
- Identify problematic trends and develop pro-active solutions in collaboration with developers and system administrators.
- Assist with the deployment and maintenance of computers and computing devices.
- Assist the Technology Services staff with daily operations, call tracking, and other duties, when necessary.
- Display excellent customer service skills while handling issues via phone, remotely, or on-site.
- Repair and/or replace under-warranty Mac and PC hardware.
- Respond, update and close all service requests assigned by the Service Desk.
- Perform all other related duties as required.
Education: HS Diploma/GED required, BA preferred.
Experience: Two years technology experience with Mac and Windows. PC virtualization and networking knowledge is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 7 and 10, Mac OS X, Active Directory, virus removal, and hardware replacement.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.