San Mateo County Community College District
Posting Number: 2014580S
Department: General Services DIST (DEPT)
Location: District Office
Position Number: 1C0403
Percentage of Full Time: 100%
Months per Year: 12
Salary Range: $65,100 (annual) - $83,076 (annual)
Position Type: Staff & Admin
San Mateo County Community College District provides students with a rich and dynamic learning community that embraces differences, emphasizing collaboration and engaging students in and out of the classroom, encouraging them to realize their goals, and to become global citizens and socially responsible leaders.
This is complex clerical work involved in central District processes related to the procurement of goods and services, including selection of vendors, volume buying, implementation of bid procedures, scheduling and coordinating deliveries, inventory, assessing availability and quality of goods and services, administering under direction District-wide procurement related tools such as procurement and gasoline cards, creation of purchase orders, creating and archiving documentation, and assisting the Supervisor and Senior Buyer as needed. Under general direction, the employee provides technical buyer information and facilitates purchasing of both goods and services to all District units. Public contact is extensive, primarily involving District and college staff at all levels and outside vendors for the purpose of exchanging product, procedural, timeline and workflow information. A moderate to high degree of independent judgment and creativity are required to select and apply appropriate policies and procedures to the resolution of frequent minor and occasional major problems that arise. Consequences of errors in judgment can be costly in terms of District resources, employee time, and in public relations; however, supervisory controls limit the risk of serious errors. This position can direct the work of other staff and student assistants as assigned.
The ideal candidate will share the District's commitment to educating a racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. The District includes two colleges which have been designated as Hispanic Serving Institutions. The District currently enrolls approximately 23,000 students, the majority of whom are from minoritzed populations. The successful candidate will be an equity-minded individual who is ready to collaborate with staff, faculty and administrators who are committed to closing equity gaps. The District's “Students First” strategic plan is focused on “Student Success, Equity and Social Justice” (see: https://www.smccd.edu/strategicplanning/SMCCCD%20Strategic%20Plan%20Brochure.pdf).
• A combination of education and experience equivalent to an Associate’s degree in marketing, business administration, or a closely related field
• Successful work experience of increasing responsibility that has included demonstrated skills in volume buying, specification development, securing and evaluation of bids, commodity pricing methods and discounts, and selection of various supply sources
• Demonstrated cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff
• Excellent oral and written communication, including demonstrated skill in giving clear and concise instructions
• Demonstrated advanced skills in composing business correspondence and other documents using Microsoft Office Suite
• Possession of a valid California Driver’s License (or the ability to obtain one) and the ability to drive a motor vehicle to off-site locations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of the procedures used in procurement and volume purchasing, bidding procedures, vendor selection, pricing, invoicing, shipping and quality control, and documentation.
2. Knowledge of resources available to research and select vendors.
3. Skill in use of the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, web-based content management systems software and internet tools to compose business correspondence and documents, develop spreadsheets, research, enter, modify, format and present statistical, financial and other data for reports.
4. Skill in exercising patience and persistence to obtain best value, competitive pricing.
5. Skill in problem analysis and solving methods.
6. Skill in effective written and oral communication (including correct English usage: grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation)
7. Skill in planning, project coordination, and evaluation.
8. Skill in respectful, tactful and sensitive interaction with people who are diverse in their academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds.
9. Skill in providing training to employees.
10. Skill in working efficiently and accurately under deadline pressure.
11. Ability to work effectively as part of a dynamic customer service team that maintains a standard of excellent customer service to internal and external customers in a variety of business situations.
Benefits: Benefits include paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. The District pays all or a portion of monthly medical plan premiums (depending on the coverage) and pays all of the monthly dental and vision plan premiums for employees and eligible dependents. Additional paid benefits include life insurance, salary continuance insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program. Classified employees participate in the Public Employees’ Retirement System, a defined-benefit retirement plan through the State of California. Optional tax-deferred 403(b) and 457 retirement plans are also available.
First Review Date: 04/26/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit: https://jobs.smccd.edu/
The San Mateo County Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks to employ individuals who represent the rich diversity of cultures, language groups, and abilities of its surrounding communities.