Supervisor (9-months) - Dining Services
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
Plans, coordinates, direct and controls, under supervision of the Area Manager, all activities related to the food production system and retail programs. Assumes responsibilities of Area Manager during his/her absence.
This is a 9 month position (mid-August - mid-May).
- Position requires a Bachelor's degree.
- ServSafe Certification
- Position requires 3 years' supervisory experience in a restaurant or institutional food service setting.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Assists in the preparation of the budget and development of short- term financial and operational plans for the unit that supports the overall objectives of Dining Services.
- Plans, directs, coordinates and controls the resources of the Dining Service Department to provide food service for customers, employees and students.
- Assists in overseeing and controlling food production area; directing food production personnel in cost control measures as necessary.
- Monitors the performance of the unit through verification and analysis of customer satisfaction systems and financial reports. Recommends or initiates corrective action.
- Decorates service areas according to season and meal specials. Coordinates with the Marketing Team and implements specials and promotions.
- Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigates complaints. Recommends or initiates corrective action.
- Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of the resident/commuter population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of population.
- Participates in employee selection process and assures new employees are trained regarding job duties and facility operations.
- Schedules and Coordinates personnel and maintains the time recording system, ensuring proper coverage and sanitation functions.
- Maintains a proactive human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development. Works with the Assistant Director to assure compliance with established labor regulations and company personnel policies and procedures.
- Works with production team and other personnel to plan menus and related activities
- Estimates supplies and small wares; requisitions or purchases supplies.
- Assists with the inspection of, and at times inspects food and food preparation, to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations by the Health Department and HACCP.
- Maintains established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Complies with all CAL OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal government regulations.
- Maintains compliance with APU mission, vision, positional statements and other policies and procedures.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.