Assistant Professor of Healthcare Management
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 47-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 75,000 proud and successful alumni and partners while serving appropriately 17,500 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at 35 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
SUNY Empire State College seeks applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Healthcare Management to serve in the MBA in Healthcare Leadership program in the college's School for Graduate Studies.
The successful candidate will develop and teach courses in Healthcare Leadership including healthcare economics and healthcare marketing. Additionally, he or she will advise our MBA in Healthcare Leadership students, pursue relevant research, support accreditation activities, support partnership activities, contribute to program development, and provide service to the college.
The MBA in Healthcare Leadership combines online course instruction with occasional executive retreats, typically held in New York City. Accordingly, the location of the position is flexible, and may be based at any of Empire State College's major locations: Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, Hudson Valley, New York City, or Long Island.
The School for Graduate Studies serves over 1,000 students per year in several degree and certificate programs offered in online and blended formats. The MBA in Healthcare Leadership is a core degree program in an expanding healthcare management curriculum.
- An earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution in a field of relevance (ABD will be considered)
- College-level teaching experience in healthcare management, with an ability to teach healthcare economics and healthcare marketing
- Professional, managerial, consulting, or related experience in healthcare management
- A research agenda in healthcare leadership and/or other areas of relevance to the position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work within a collaborative faculty environment
- The desire and skills to engage with a diverse student body
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning and experience in online and blended teaching formats
- Ability to develop and teach courses in any additional areas of study such as health policy, quality improvement for healthcare organizations, human resources, emerging health delivery systems/models, health care information systems, and public health
- Graduate-level teaching experience
- A record of scholarship in healthcare leadership and/or other relevant areas in the field
- Proficiency in working with external partners for course and/or program development, internship development, marketing, cohort development, and other related purposes
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity issues in higher education
- Skills in the design of online assessments
- Experience with related accreditation, CAHME preferred
- Teaching in evening and weekend residencies and retreats per program needs will be required
- Office hours (primarily online) will vary to accommodate student needs
- Some travel and overnights required
- The position may be based at any of Empire State College's major locations: Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, Hudson Valley, New York City, or Long Island.
Rank/Salary: Commensurate with qualifications.
Applications Due by: Applications accepted until position is filled.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION OFFICER AT (518) 587-2100. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security