Full-Time, Tenure-Track, Instructor - Real Estate
El Camino College
Full-Time, Tenure-Track, Instructor - Real Estate
Division: Business Education
Close Date: 05/15/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_academic
El Camino College is seeking a full-time, tenure-track faculty member to join its team. The teaching assignment will include classes in Real Estate Principles, Real Estate Practice, Real Estate Finance, Real Estate Economics, Real Property Management, Real Estate Investments, Escrows, Mortgage Loan Brokering and Lending, and Real Estate Appraisal. Applicants must be qualified to teach any of the Real Estate courses offered by the College. Classroom assignment is fifteen-lecture hour’s equivalent per week and may include evenings, Saturdays, online, and off-site assignments. Participation in curriculum development, student learning outcomes, program review, program plans, student activities, office hours and faculty committees will be expected.
The position requires participation in a variety of campus and divisional activities such as faculty meetings, student activities, office hours, and curriculum/instructional development. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview, which will include a teaching demonstration on an assigned topic.
Faculty job responsibilities include the development/review of curriculum and assessment of learning outcomes to improve teaching and learning in achieving El Camino College’s mission of institutional effectiveness, quality educational programs, and vibrant student support services.
• Bachelor's degree in business or finance, CA BRE Broker license or CA BREA Certified Appraisal license AND two years’ experience as a broker or appraiser; OR
• Associate's degree in business, real estate, finance or real estate appraisal, CA BRE Broker license or CA BREA Certified Appraisal license AND six years’ experience as a broker or appraiser; OR
• The equivalent - Candidates not possessing the required qualification(s) as stated on this announcement must complete the Request For Equivalency Form as part of the application process to explain in detail how their qualifications are equivalent to those above; OR
• Valid California community college instructor credential in appropriate subject issued prior to July 1, 1990 (per California Education Code 87355); AND
• Evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the racial, socio-economic, academic, and cultural diversity within student populations, including students with disabilities, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practices.
• Three years community college teaching experience.
• Master’s in Business, Business Administration, Business Management, or Finance
• Experience examining and remediating one’s instruction, interactions, and/or practices to more effectively engage and support diverse students.
• Demonstrated skill with addressing issues of equity.
• Demonstrated expertise in culturally responsive methodologies, particularly as it relates to students' lives, interests, and communities.
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS - Please limit each response to 300 words.
• What strategies do you use to motivate students and facilitate students' self-motivation? How do you assess whether these strategies are effective?
• Please describe your knowledge of and experience with using student learning outcomes assessment to improve student learning. What were the key factors in creating learning success, particularly for diverse students?
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Contract shall be for full-time, tenure-track teaching assignment for the 2018 – 2019 academic year, beginning August 23, 2018. A teaching demonstration will be required during the interview process. Offer and acceptance of employment is subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application, credential(s), and transcripts. Candidates selected for employment must agree to be fingerprinted, submit Certificate of Completion of the Tuberculosis Risk Assessment and/or Examination, provide proof of eligibility for employment in the United States, and present a valid Social Security card upon hire.
The starting salary ranges from $62,844 - $91,474 depending on education and experience. Excellent fringe benefits are included.
An applicant must submit the following by the closing date:
1) Online application: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_academic
2) Cover letter describing how applicant meets the qualifications.
3) Resume including educational background, professional experience, and related personal development and accomplishments.
4) Pertinent transcripts as stated in the required qualifications. (Unofficial computer-generated academic records/transcripts must include the name of the institution and degrees awarded to be acceptable.)
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. For information on transcript evaluation services, please visit: http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf
5) Proof of CA BRE Broker License or CA BREA Certified Appraisal license.
6) Evidence of a valid community college credential, if applicant holds one.
Please Note: Documents submitted or uploaded for a previous position cannot be reused for other positions. You must submit the required documents for each position you apply for by the closing date. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application. Applications with an incomplete status will not receive consideration. You may check the status of your application on-line.
If you need assistance you may call 310-660-3593 Ext. 3478 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Due to the large volume of calls received on closing dates, we highly recommend that you do not wait until the last day to apply so that we may assist you with questions or technical matters that may arise. Give yourself sufficient time to complete the profile, which may take 45 minutes or more. Positions close promptly at 3:00 p.m.