Analyst, Sponsored Research & Programs
8AM - 5PM
$48,800 - $96,200
Functions independently, under supervision from the Sponsored Research & Programs Supervisor, to provide analytical and financial management support in the coordination and processing of proposals of moderate to complex scope, budget development, contract and grant administration, and award management and closeout activities as required. The customer audience includes a complement of School of Medicine units (Dean's Office, the Division of Biomedical Sciences, the Division of Clinical Sciences, Center for Healthy Communities, Student Affairs, Undergraduate Education, and Graduate Medical Education), as well as collegial collaborators, external business partners, and community based organizations. Perform complex budget/resource analysis including retrieving data from campus financial systems, organizing and validating data and the preparation of comprehensive reports for management. Provides Pre-Award and Post-Award administration support to School of Medicine. Maintain fiscal integrity for all funds and accounts. Ensure all funds are in auditable/reportable condition.
Maintains current knowledge of compliance regulations in all areas of research administration.
Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting, fiscal and reporting principles.
Demonstrated skill in working as part of a team and collaborating with others to complete tasks/projects.
Demonstrated competence in the use of spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Ability to manage a high volume of transactions.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively and professionally communicate, using tact and diplomacy with internal and external campus community partners.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer or other web browsers; experience with maintaining moderately complex databases.
Ability to perform moderately complex financial analysis and customized reporting.
Demonstrated ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA and FERPA.
Strong ability to organize workload when faced with competing priorities and to complete work assignments on a timely basis despite frequent interruptions.
Thorough understanding of research administration guidelines of Federal and non-Federal sponsors supporting research and educational activities.
Knowledge of applicable compliance requirements related to use of human or animal subjects in research, financial conflict of interest, biosafety, etc.
Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, sponsor and institutional regulations, policies, and guidelines.
knowledge of grant funding processes, procedures and techniques.
Ability to maintain independent judgment; strong organization; communication skills; and a customer service focus.
Writing skils to draft persuasive text for variety of audiences.
Demonstrated knowledge of and working experience with University of California client/server systems.
Demonstrated knowledge of the University of California's financial and personnel policies and procedures and the ability to interpret them, for the purpose of project scope and budget development.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview