Intercultural Affairs Coordinator
Albion College, a selective, private, residential liberal arts college, invites applications for the position of Intercultural Affairs Coordinator. Main responsibilities include increasing the retention of under-represented students, advising diversity awareness organizations, working individually with students and student groups, assist in coordinating peer mentor program, establishing rapport/developing positive relationships with students and other College constituents including community members, and maintaining Intercultural Affairs Office social media presence.
FLSA Classification: Salaried / Exempt / Administrative Duties
Duration: 12 months per year
Benefits: This position is eligible for full benefits including health/dental/vision insurance, retirement, tuition remission, and campus amenities including free on-site fitness facility, free parking, and access to campus events/performances.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Experience with intercultural and domestic diversity is preferred.
- Advising and program management experience preferred.
- Work with diverse student populations including experience with women’s and under-represented (e.g., Gender Sexual Minority, Muslim, Latinix) students’ issues and retention programs.
- Crisis management and problem-solving skills.
- Advising, training, and team building skills.
- Ability to work with internal and external community resources.
- Interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Enthusiasm for teaching and learning that goes beyond the classroom.
- Must have or obtain a Michigan Driver’s License and be an approved driver to operate College vehicles. Evening and weekend work required.
Interested candidates should submit an online application including cover letter, resume, and contract information for three professional references through Interfolio at https://apply.interfolio.com/#!/50017.
Please contact Ms. Keena Williams ([email protected]), Director & President’s Special Advisor for Global Diversity, for questions about the position or search.
A review of application will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.