Assistant or Associate Professor of Occupational Therapy
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
Job Type: FT, 9-Mos Faculty
Position Location: OnGround E. Longmeadow Campus
This is a full time, 9-month, faculty position within the on-ground Master of Occupational Therapy Program. The faculty member will teach a minimum of 12 credits each semester with course assignment based on practice knowledge, demonstrate the ability to creatively engage students in didactic and experiential learning opportunities, and collaborate with team members to implement, modify, and regularly review department curriculum. Faculty responsibility also includes student advising, participating in departmental meetings, committee assignment, and University functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach a minimum of 12 credits each semester. Most courses will be at the graduate level though undergraduate courses might be required in areas depending upon candidate experience and departmental needs.
- Participate in departmental and institutional meetings, committees, and functions as necessary and appropriate.
- Advise students in academic, fieldwork, and professional issues.
- Participate in the admissions process, which may include Open Houses, communicating with prospective and/or accepted students, application review, and interviewing students as requested.
- Work collaboratively with the OT Program Director and other faculty for program assessment and student learning outcomes.
- Participate in program and curriculum development.
- Work collaboratively with the Program Director and other faculty to ensure program meets accreditation standards.
- Engage in a process of formative and summative course evaluation to enhance the student learning experience.
- Engage in appropriate and relevant professional development.
- Maintain applicable professional licensure in Massachusetts.
- Maintain an active presence on the campus including attendance at student events.
- Attend faculty and other University meetings (e.g. Faculty Assembly).
- Attend all major University events (e.g. Commencement, Convocation).
- Adhere to HIPAA and FERPA privacy standards.
- Attend trainings as required.
- An earned doctoral degree in a relevant field is preferred (Education EdD, Occupational Therapy OTD, or PhD)
- Evidence of engagement in scholarly work.
- Eligible for applicable professional licensure in Massachusetts.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with faculty, students, staff, and administration.
- Ability to use the University's resources, notably technology, to promote effective teaching and learning.
- Interest, initiative, and ability to work with the Program Director, department faculty, and administrators for program development, implementation, and outcomes assessment.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and FERPA privacy standards.
- An ability to be passionate about Bay Path University's history, mission, and hallmark strengths.
- Valid driver's license.
- Most successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must successfully pass safe driving course within 30-days of employment.
- Submit to and pass criminal offender records check (C.O.R.I).
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA and HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Bay Path University will become a smoke- and tobacco-free community as of July 1, 2018.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.