Enterprise System Analyst (AITS Research Admin)
Job Category: Academic Professional Academic Professional
Description: University of Illinois System
Administrative Information Technology Services
Enterprise Systems Analyst
The system offices seek an Enterprise Systems Analyst to, work as part of a team of professionals responsible for coordinating the use of enterprise-wide applications across functional and university boundaries. Provides functional support and coordination for research administration utilizing U of I System enterprise-wide systems, such as Banner, Kuali Research, myResearch PI Portal, myDisclosures, and FCOI Verification & Checklist. S/he works with staff of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, the three system central research administration offices, and Office of Business and Financial Services to ensure that administrative units, colleges, institutes, and departments are supported in their use of enterprise-wide, research administration systems. The role requires responsiveness and expertise in order to accomplish the specific duties of help ticket resolution, system monitoring, and user training. The position requires a background in research administration or knowledge of electronic research administration systems, and should include experience in the application of university research policy and procedure and applicable governmental regulations and policies.
The primary responsibility of this position is to triage and resolve customer issues received from a help desk ticketing system, including granting access to new users, adding or updating new sponsors, system navigation, and providing directed guidance and instruction to new users of the electronic research systems. For that role, s/he will work with University of Illinois at Springfield (UIS), University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) Office of Vice Chancellor of Research and sponsored programs offices to address research policy / data questions, and the technical team to identify and fix any technical issues.
1. Work with technical support areas to ensure that functional goals of technical initiatives are met.
2. Ensure that communication channels are established and maintained for the flow of enterprise-wide systems information.
3. Provide support for the aspects of research or other enterprise-wide systems that cross functional or organizational boundaries, including such items as: maintenance of system tables and rules; continued functionality and improvement of business processes; and identity management.
4. Develop and maintain an excellent relationship with users, administrative units, college, department, and central office clients.
5. Publicize, promote and communicate efforts and results in appropriate forums.
6. Maintain an ongoing relationship with the systems vendors in an assigned area of functionality-related initiatives for the product suite.
7. Provide on-call after-hours and weekend support for production emergencies. Provide after-hours and weekend support for testing, configuration, and production maintenance for scheduled upgrades and outages.
8. Provide subject matter expertise for resolving functional and data service issues as reported by users of the university research administration systems: perform continuous evaluation to ensure performance metrics and expectations are met; oversee data integrity efforts ensuring data is maintained accurately and consistently; provide input on improving customer support practices and user work processes relevant to research administration systems; develop, coordinate, and provide application training consistent with established research administration process; serve as primary contact to accept input for START website changes; create and maintain training materials and end-user documentation for Research Administration systems; work with vendors and AITS staff to resolve application issues and ensure user satisfaction.
9. Develop and provide training as needed for departmental users; perform application testing after application upgrades and fixes.
10. Seek out opportunities to build skills in the areas of problem analysis, project leadership, business process analysis, documentation of business processes, and project communication facilitation.
11. Perform other related responsibilities as assigned appropriate for an Enterprise Systems Analyst.
Candidates must possess a bachelor's degree in related field (preferably in a Technical, Business, Communications or work related experience related to the position) with a minimum of one (1) year of related work experience. Other requirements include: knowledge of university research administration electronic systems and/or processes; demonstrated ability to work as part of a team of professionals in the timely completion of tasks; demonstrated ability to support and respond to complex issues and to work with others to effect appropriate and timely solutions; strong customer relationship skills; demonstrated ability to work with considerable latitude and independence of action; and excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
Preferred qualifications include: one to three years' experience in sponsored program administration, preferably at an institution of higher education and in central or department administration office, office of sponsored programs, office of research administration, university or medical center setting, or federal grant-making agency (strongly preferred); knowledge of the federal regulations and guidelines that govern the conduct of research such as the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) 2 CFR 200 Uniform Administrative Requirements. Cost Principles and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (“Uniform Guidance”) and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR); knowledge of, and experience with, Banner and/or Kuali Research; knowledge and implementation experience with Kuali Research and/or Kuali Rice open source software; two years of enterprise systems analysis, research systems analysis and/ or coordination experience; experience working with technical support areas to ensure functional goals of technical initiatives are met; experience providing support for aspects of enterprise systems that cross functional or organizational boundaries (e.g., identity management, maintenance of system tables/ rules, continues functionality & improvement of business processes).
This is a full-time, 12-month Academic Professional position. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references by April 24, 2018 at https://uajobs.hr.uillinois.edu/.
The system offices conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
System Human Resource Services
The system offices is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity. The system offices welcome applications from women, underrepresented minorities, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual minority groups and other candidates who will lead and contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.
Close Date: 04/24/2018