Print Shop Manager
Performs a variety of professional and administrative duties in support of the day-to-day operations of a function, program, and/or dept; assists in program planning & development; interpret, monitor, & analyze information regarding operating policies & procedures; administers budgets; & coordinate academic and/or staff personnel matters. Performs "senior- level" administrative support duties to a group/team; not a secretarial position.
Excellent communication is a must, not only with customers but also with other print shop employees to coordinate the whole teams efforts towards producing quality materials. Constant attention is required to ensure adequate staffing, good internal communication and teamwork, follow-through on customer communications, keeping equipment operational and having supplies available to complete print job orders.
- Communicating with customers by email, on the phone, and in-person
- Clarifying and confirming customers printing project requirements to ensure that we will be able to meet their price, specifications and timeline needs
- Working to ensure that all team members are well-informed regarding shop priorities and are coordinated in their efforts to meet customer expectations
- Prioritizing, scheduling, and managing the timely production and delivery of print jobs
- Establishing QA processes to ensure production timeliness and quality
- Overseeing and delegating production, pricing, delivery and shipment tasks, and customer communications as appropriate
- Operating equipment and performing production tasks, as needed
- Choosing media types, monitoring inventory of printing supplies and equipment parts; ordering printing supplies
- Troubleshooting equipment malfunctions and communicating equipment problems, maintenance and repair needs to the business owner and equipment suppliers
- Hiring, training and supervising employees
- Ensuring the timely completion of job tickets for invoicing
- Assisting with brining in new business through marketing efforts and direct department contact
- Establishing goals, then preserving and growing sales
- Maintaining Print Shop website, order functions and pricing, while coordinating with the Marketing department on communications and graphics
- Managing Talon Express retail location, including advisement and acceptance of new print orders, POS, customer service, assisting with Art Store retail
- Communicating regularly with UITS Copy/Print staff and assisting with ChangeGear service tickets
- Assisting with delivery of Copy/Print fleet materials including paper, staples and toner
- Managing copier fleet student staff
- Assisting with delivery and storage of campus copiers when necessary
- Staying aware of fleet performance and advising management on Print Shop options for areas with low performing devices.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf and http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related experience OR a High School diploma and 3 years of college coursework and 6 years of related experience OR High School diploma and 9 years.
Required education and experience:
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record.
- At least 2 years higher education preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years digital printing experience, including customer contact.
- 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Adobe Suite or other graphics program experience
- Experience in troubleshooting software and hardware issues preferred