PUBLIC RELATIONS SPEC
PUBLIC RELATIONS SPEC
PAS Adm - Office of Global Affairs
The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing the Office of Global Affairs' strategic integrated communications campaigns, guided by analytics results, industry best practices, and Duke University leadership's overall strategic vision. The public relations specialist will work with colleagues to disseminate communications material through print, broadcast, and online channels, including social media. The work includes conducting interviews and creating web articles, videos, press releases, graphics, monthly e-newsletters, briefing materials, publications, social media, and marketing campaigns.
Job duties include the following:
- Develop and implement OGA's communications strategy and create and maintain an editorial calendar that will be revisited, reevaluated, and updated on an annual basis. (20%)
- Develop original website content, articles, graphics, videos and integrated connections to multimedia and social networking opportunities; manage and update the OGA website and serve as the liaison between OGA and Duke Web Services (20%)
- Conduct interviews and research and write news releases, articles, press releases, monthly e-newsletters, briefing materials, publications and feature stories for OGA. (20%)
- Lead branding and communications strategy for Duke University in India, including, web presence, social media, internal feature stories, external media relations and thought leadership. (10%)
- Manage the Duke Global Baton social media campaign. (10%)
- Provide editorial guidelines and oversight to communicators in the International and Area Studies Centers as needed; serve as liaison between these centers and the Office of News and Communications. Also collaborate with the Office of News and Communications, university leadership, and key communicators at schools and initiatives across campus to support Duke's international reputation. (10%)
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. (10%)
Minimum Education - Work requires communication and marketing skills normally acquired through a bachelor's degree in a related field.
Minimum Experience - Work requires one year related experience in advertising, marketing, media, promotions, or public relations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, great attention to detail, and ability to manage several projects simultaneously and prioritize across multiple projects;
- Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, diverse and dynamic environment
- Fluency with Drupal or any web content management system
- Writing for the web
- Proficiency in software programs including MS Outlook, Word, Publisher, Powerpoint, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere Pro (or other video editing software)
- Knowledge of best practices in social media
- Interview experience
- Proficiency in basic graphic design, multimedia and video production Desirable:
- international professional or study experience
- familiarity with higher education landscape
- video production and editing
- photography skills
1300 PUBLIC RELATIONS SPEC
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires the ability to perform creative writing and relatedactivities such as conducting interviews and research, and copy editingnormally acquired through attainment of a bachelor's degree inJournalism, English or a related discipline.
Work requires one year of directly related writing experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.