ASSIST DIR, ADMISSIONS, FSB
ASSIST DIR, ADMISSIONS, FSB
Assistant Director of Admissions OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS THE FUQUA SCHOOL OF BUSINESS Overview
Participate in a team effort to market, recruit and select students for The Duke MBA Daytime, MMS, MQM, and Executive MBA Programs. Provide administrative management and coordination for admissions functions, reporting to the Director of Admissions. Lead team efforts in the development of the candidate recruitment plan.
• Assist the Director of Admissions in the implementation of admissions processes for the full-time MBA program
• Develop and implement the annual travel calendar for recruitment and yield for Daytime. Coordinate with EMBA and MMS/MQM teams to ensure efficient use of time and resources for recruiting activities across programs.
• Serve as team leader of Slate CRM implementation, particularly for components relating to travel and communications.
• Supervise two direct reports, the Program Coordinator for Off-Campus Events and the Assistant Director for Communications
• Work closely with Marketing colleagues and Assistant Director for Communications to develop collateral needed to effectively recruit students. Work with the Assistant Director for Communications to create the annual communication strategy and ensure consistent messaging and timely delivery of communications
• Lead the Market Leads in aligning recruitment efforts across all markets. Drive, develop, and refine overall market lead strategy. • Work with student groups and individuals to manage and execute student-led recruiting and yield events, working closely with DAR and the CMC to align events with other department activities
• Conduct ROI and other analyses on travel events to ensure optimal travel strategy.
• Manage the department travel budget.
• Update and maintain department travel guidelines and rules and ensure compliance by team
• Serve as market lead for domestic and international markets, working with student clubs, applicants, and alumni in each region to drive applications and yield
• Interview candidates for admission, and coordinate and schedule interviews in five international markets in Europe/CIS
• Review and grant/deny requests for scholarship reconsideration and International Student Bootcamp for admits from Europe/CIS
• Read and evaluate applications for admission and present to the admissions committee for consideration
• Counsel prospective students onthe admissions process
• Evaluate admitted applicants for merit based scholarship consideration
• Extensive travel both domestic and international, delivering presentations to prospective students, alumni, and corporate partners
• Participate in phone and e-mail campaigns to qualify prospective students and answer questions
• Provide input to the Director of Admissions on strategies to grow and diversify the applicant pool, specifically in areas (e.g. function, industry, postgraduate goals) identified by faculty, administration, alumni, corporate recruiters and current students as improvement opportunities
• Develop new and existing partnerships that reflect the Fuqua applicant pool.
Work requires analytical and communication skills as well as familiarity with the academic setting generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires at least three years experience in a related field. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Graduate degree in higher education, business administration, or related field preferred.
• 2 or more years admissions, counseling, marketing or corporate recruiting experience highly desirable
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a fast- paced environment
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong communication, interpersonal and team skills are essential
1799 ASSIST DIR, ADMISSIONS, FSB
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical and communication skills as well as familiaritywith the academic setting generally acquired through completion of abachelor's degree program.
Work requires at least three years experience in a related field.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.