RESEARCH SPECIALIST A
Duties: The research laboratory of Dr. Rebecca Waller (Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania) is seeking a full-time Research Specialist to help conduct studies of socioemotional, moral, and antisocial processes in children and families. More specifically, research in the EDEN Lab explores the development of antisocial and moral behaviors across childhood and adolescence using observations of behavior, questionnaires, experimental paradigms, computer tasks, and neuroimaging. Primary responsibilities will include recruiting participants, preparing experimental materials, and collecting, organizing, and cleaning data from behavioral, observational, and neuroimaging experiments. The position will also involve administrative activities for the lab, including helping with purchasing supplies, IRB and grant submissions, and recruitment of undergraduates. This position would be ideal for a recent graduate looking for additional research experience prior to applying to graduate school, offering the chance to be involved in a vibrant and active laboratory with a high degree of autonomy and creativity encouraged. The position would ideally start in August or September of 2018.
Qualifications: Essential qualifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science, or Cognitive Science
- 0-1 year of research experience, preferably with children (an equivalent combination of education and experience can be considered).
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (especially with children and families).
- Be detail-oriented, motivated, creative, organized, and able to work independently
- Experience is required in Microsoft Excel and statistical analysis software (preferably R, SPSS, Mplus, and/or MatLab).
- Be able to jump from low- to high-level amount of work smoothly and work under pressure when deadlines are approaching
- Prior experience in psychology research and/or computational modeling.
- Proficient programming skills, ideally in Python, R, and Matlab.
- Flexible work availability (including evenings and weekends) is desirable.
Please include a cover letter describing interests and career plans, a CV or resume, and the names and contact information for 3 references.
For more information about the lab, go to www.upennedenlab.com.
Reference Number: 02-28434
Salary Grade: 024
Employment Type: Exempt
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research