JOB NO.: 93999-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Grant, Research, Contract Management
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 93999-AS
Working Title: Subaward Specialist
Official Title: SR ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07BN) or ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN) or ASSOC ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07FN)
Hiring Department: A340270-VCRGE/ADMIN/RSP
Anticipated Begin Date: MAY 14, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $42,167 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's Degree is strongly preferred. Degree in business administration or related field is desirable.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
1. Excellent written and oral communication techniques.
2. Ability to think critically and attention to detail.
3. Independent decision-making.
4. Comfortable in complex electronic systems.
5. Ability to apply foundational principles to a variety of situations.
6. Customer service mentality.
7. Ability to interpret policy and procedures as they apply to hundreds of individual situations.
8. Knowledge of, or ability to learn, University, State, Federal and Nonfederal Agency fiscal and administrative rules, regulations and procedures.
9. Knowledge of, or ability to learn, University of Wisconsin-Madison and University of Wisconsin System policies for soliciting and administering extramural support.
10. Knowledge, or ability to learn, of Office of Management and Budget Circulars; funding agency terms and conditions; University Policy and Procedure Papers; State Regulations; Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and agency interpretations; Code of Federal Regulations; and Research Terms and Conditions.
11. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
12. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
13. Ability to build consensus to ensure compliant awards.
License or certificate:
The University of Wisconsin-Madison's Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (RSP) is responsible for administration of the extramural research grants and contracts to the University of Wisconsin-Madison. RSP currently manages an open portfolio of over $4 Billion with annual awards over $1 Billion. The Subaward Specialist will assist in the management of the University's sponsored projects by facilitating the operations and processes related to outgoing subaward/subcontract issuance. The person in this position will also advise RSP staff, department administrators, researchers and faculty across campus on subaward issuance procedures. This individual will be responsible for ensuring subaward agreements are issued in compliance with institutional policy and regulatory requirements. In addition to outgoing subaward issuance, the individual may also be required to perform a wide range of pre-award activities from proposal submission to award acceptance and set-up.
Instructions to applicants:
To be considered, applications must be submitted online. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to start the application process.
Your resume and/or cover letter should include all relevant work experience as it relates to this position, specifically your experience interpreting policy and procedures, providing customer service, and maintaining effective working relationships.
Salary will be determined based on skills and experience.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Apr 5 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: May 4 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time