Event Support Specialist
Event Support Specialist
Event Support Specialist
Union Administration - 163110
Is this an internal posting only?
Tuesday - Saturday, 3 p.m.-12 a.m.
The University Union is committed to the principles of good educational practice and utilizes its resources to provide and enhance services and programs to the UNT community that interface with academics. The Union serves as the community center of campus for students and their parents, faculty, staff, and the surrounding community. Our primary purpose is to provide needed services and programs that enhance student developmental needs for social, recreational, cultural, and educational co-curricular endeavors. We assist students to become good citizens of a global community prepared to function successfully in a diverse world.
The Union Administration Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Event Support Specialist to join our team.
The Event Support Specialist supervises part time positions and assists the Union Assistant Director and Event Planners with all daily event staging setups. Set-up configurations may require, but are not limited to, theater, classroom, runway fashion shows or banquet seating configurations.
The Event Support Specialist assists with hiring, training and supervising part time student event staging assistants. The Specialist adheres to event space guidelines and procedures as administered by the University Union and campus occupancy standards set by the fire marshal. The Event Support Specialist is responsible for the appearance and high levels of cleanliness of the meeting rooms, event spaces and staging areas.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* The hiring, training and supervising of part time, event set up staff.
* Attends required student employee staff development meetings, programs and engages in continuous training opportunities.
* Manages and executes daily event set up and re-set room schedules as specified by the Event Planners and Clients.
* Meets with Event Planners and Client Organizers or as requested for pre-event staging requirements.
* Cooperative space management to include multimedia, catering, facility services, as well as third-party event service providers.
* Responsible for daily event management inspections of all rooms and spaces to maintain neat and clean appearances. Custodial services applied as required or request.
* Applies established policies and procedures in order to maintain levels of safety when lifting chairs, rectangle and banquet round tables, staging equipment and using transport carriages and dollies.
* Inspect and maintain all event furnishings, staging equipment and accessories.
* Familiarity with the Union and Campus-Wide safety guidelines and procedures that may require wearing protective footwear and or support belts.
* Wears personal protective equipment as necessary for the job.
* Maintains a safe working environment for all part-time event set ups staff.
* Oversees the check-out procedures of staff walkie-talkie radios
* Required frequently: standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, reaching, and working in hot or cold temperatures.
* Ability to lift up to 50.lbs
* Performs other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a High school diploma/GED equivalent and two years related experience with some experience in a lead or supervisory role. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to keep records and complete forms accurately.
* Ability to direct and manage the work of others.
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: measuring).
* Physical ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, operating equipment, and lifting.
* Familiar with the campus-wide safety guidelines and procedures that may require wearing protective footwear and or support belts.
* Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
* Ability to establish rapport, maintain and build ongoing positive relationships with college students, campus staff and all visitors to the University Union.
* Cooperative spirit in working with peers, supervisors, clients and guests.
* Familiarity with event staging and support services.
* Familiarity with space management software
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting