8AM - 5PM
$44,200 - $65,700
The Assistant Director of Transitional Experiences is a part of the Residential Life leadership team. This position assists in the development and implementation of a first year and sophomore year residential program, as well as, transfer and international residential transition initiatives. This position looks to provide leadership and direction for the development, implementation and sustaining of these transitional experiences within campus residential communities.
Ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
Strong knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs and knowledge of University and departmental principles and procedures involved in risk assessment and evaluating risks as to likelihood and consequences.
Thorough knowledge of Student Affairs/Student Life specialization.
Abilities in project management, problem identification and reasoning skills.
Skills in judgment and decision-making, problem solving, identifying measures of system performance and the actions to improve performance.
Thorough knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
Significant and increasingly responsible experience in transitional programs.
Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, and assess data related to student success, student learning outcomes, and program effectiveness.
Experience working with students from diverse populations.
Residential Programs experience (i.e., experience working in a student residential community).
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview