Moss Street Partnership School School Teacher/ School Librarian
Functional Title Moss Street Partnership School School Teacher/ School Librarian
Position Type Administration - Staff
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro seeks an enthusiastic, committed, and innovative School Library Media Coordinator for the Moss Street Partnership School. The position is eleven-month, full-time, EHRA non-faculty in the School of Education available in July of 2018. Moss Street Partnership Teachers will be housed at Moss Street Partnership School, 419 Moss Street, Reidsville, NC. Moss Street Partnership School staff report to the Principal of Moss Street Partnership School.
Moss Street Partnership School staff will work with K-5 students, other faculty of the Partnership School, professional education program faculty at UNCG, relevant personnel from Rockingham County Schools, and external agency personnel with the mission of improving teaching and learning for students at the Partnership School. The School Library Media Coordinator coordinates and directs the activities of school library media support personnel such as library media assistants, technical assistants, student assistants, and/or volunteers. The School Library Media Coordinator will work collaboratively to achieve the mission of the school. The School Library Media Coordinator will cultivate a culture of innovation that supports effective instructional practices/strategies to promote academic and personal success for all students and adults in the school. The School Library Media Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Principal and UNCG faculty/staff to support the successful social, emotional, physical, and academic growth of the students at the Partnership School.
Bachelors Degree plus licensure as a School Library Media Coordinator. Qualifying degrees must be conferred and received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Preferred Education and Experiences
- Masters degree in Library and Information Studies (MLIS), three years of experience, proficient on most recent evaluation;
- experience working with diverse populations;
- commitment to creating a caring school relationships and culture;
- technologic proficiency;
- innovation and outcomes orientation;
- commitment to working collaboratively for the benefit of all students
- experience working on multidisciplinary team
- experience working collaboratively with community organizations and volunteers
The individual should be self-directed; organized with attention to detail; in possession of strong interpersonal relationship skills, including collaboration with community members, school personnel and university personnel; highly motivated and receptive to innovative practices/procedures; and willing to take the initiative to learn the duties/responsibilities/ expectations of the work and operations of the Partnership School.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All Teachers selected for hire are required to be checked by the Department of Public Safety. A fingerprint screening will be conducted by the UNCG Police Department. Applicant will need to provide any additional information required by the Department of Public Safety.
Recruitment Range Compensation based on education and experience. Salary Schedule
Org #-Department Moss Street Partnership School - 12022
Job Open Date 04/05/2018
For Best Consideration Date 04/18/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 11
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- No Answer
- UNCG Website
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- National Association of Asian American Professionals
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity in Higher Education
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu