UECC Administrative Support Coordinator
8AM - 5PM
$45,623 - $65,438
Under the supervision of the University Eastside Community Collaboration (UECC) Program Manager and Financial & Administrative Analyst in the Office of the Associate Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs and Enrollment Services (SAES), the UECC Administrative Support Coordinator serves as the program, payroll, personnel, and budget coordinator for the UECC program. The Coordinator assists the manager in implementing UECC's administrative programmatic activities, acting as the program's liaison with our community partners, and providing support in matters of budget, finance, payroll, personnel, travel, and event planning. The Coordinator will participate in long range planning, maintaining records, and transactions. With a focus on creating value for our partners, creates an environment that demonstrates accurate, prompt, courteous and consistent administrative service. Be a driver of efficiency, responsiveness, accuracy, dependability and the relentless pursuit of administrative excellence. Budgeted hiring range: 21.85 - 23.39 hourly. This position is grant funded and will be dependent on continued funding availability.
Four (4) years demonstrated related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in budget development using on-line financial, payroll, personnel, and purchasing systems.
Experience with the administrative functions related to staff personnel.
Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Advanced knowledge of personal computers and software including Microsoft Office, which includes Word and Excel.
Ability to function independently and take responsibility for results; organize workload with close attention to detail; manage multiple tasks and timelines; and maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all staff.
Hired applicant must successfully pass a background check through the Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, and National Sex Offenders Registry.
Demonstrated experience with UCR Financial System (UCRFS).
Operating knowledge of Fair Labor & Standards Act (FLSA) including Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Immigration and Naturalization Service regulations.
Operating knowledge of UC Personnel Policies for Staff Members.
Operating knowledge of applicable bargaining contracts as it relates to personnel activities and decisions.
Operating knowledge of the applicable UC policies and procedures governing areas related to the responsibilities of the job.
Demonstrated experience working with undergraduate students.
UECC Administrative Support Coordinator
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview