RN-Multi Specialty Clinic
Salary: $99,034 - $99,034
Title: RN-Multi Specialty Clinic
Department: Clinical Affairs
Date Posted: 04/05/2018
Position Information: UCR Health is a team of physicians, specialists and healthcare professionals dedicated to improving the health of inland southern California residents and families by bringing health home to our communities.
Established alongside the School of Medicine at the University of California, Riverside, UCR Health is growing to meet the healthcare needs of the region - bringing innovative, culturally sensitive medical care to our communities. Our patient-centered primary care and specialty services deliver university-based healthcare excellence and innovation to the communities where we live, work and play. To learn more about UCR Health, please visit: www.ucrhealth.org
Under general supervision, incumbents provide care to patients in a structured environment; perform established nursing interventions utilizing current clinical knowledge. This is the operational level in the series where a majority of clinical nursing positions are allocated.
Under the direction of the healthcare provider, provides professional care and treatment of women's health, multi-specialty and infusion therapy patients. As a patient advocate, provide physical and psycho social support to patients, their friends and families. It is anticipated that this per diem position will work one-two days per month in 4 to 8 hour blocks.
Minimum Requirements: 1. Possession of the legal requirements to practice as a Registered Nurse as determined by the California Board of Registered Nursing and six months of clinical experience; and knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
2. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
3. Familiar with and can assess the competence of others in their clinical tasks - such as point of care testing (POCT).
4. Excellent communication skills at level necessary for taking patients' medical histories, understanding provider and supervisor instructions, and for accurately documenting patients' medical information. Ability to effectively communicate with patient population and staff while demonstrating a high degree of diplomacy and tact.
5. Ability to multi -task and work effectively in a high-stress and fast-moving environment.
6. Skills and knowledge according to the standards of practice in the local medical community and in accordance with the laws of the State of California, as contained in the Nurse Practice Act of the Board of Registered Nursing of the State of California.
7. Knowledge and experience in working with a various diverse cultures, backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identities, religious and life-style choices, etc.
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
2. Experience with procedures, testing, and calibrating equipment.
3. Experience managing IV infusions.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview