Requisition Number STA - 201000000607
Job Title Executive Assistant
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Executive Assistant.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
This position is responsible for providing executive, administrative, and analytical support to the Vice President for Student Access and Success. Responsible for special projects, budgetary activities, correspondence, and calendar maintenance. Coordinates the collection and analysis of data and the preparation of materials for meetings and conferences. Ensures the completion of required reports. Coordinates activities on behalf of the Vice President and acts as student access and success liaison. Identifies issues or problems and researches solutions within specific management areas. Duties reflect substantial variety and complexity. Assignments are broad in nature and usually require creativity and originality. Serves as a resource for others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing a broad range of confidential, executive support to the Vice President.
- Budgeting, managing, tracking, and planning and reporting the annual budget, payroll, purchasing and expenditures.
- Receive student concerns, gather pertinent information and escalate to Vice President for support, decision making and problem resolution.
- Provide division unit budget oversight.
- Review and approve ePARS on the Vice President's behalf which includes identifying and flagging items that need to be brought to the Vice President's attention if a decision is needed.
- Monitor projects to insure that timelines are kept.
- Analyze internal processes and recommend procedural or policy changes to improve operations.
- Draft written correspondence as requested.
- Review all materials coming into the office and coordinate information flow.
- Supervise, organize and/or mentor staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess Bachelor's Degree and six years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the institution, community, students and families.
- High customer service skills for exceptional service to staff, faculty, community, students and families.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
- Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
- Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
- Some evening and Saturday work may be required.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PhD (or terminal degree for your discipline)
- * How many years of experience do you have in clerical, office administration or bookkeeping?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)