Facility Services Supervisor (1st Shift)
Requisition Number S1488
Position Number 3487
Position Classification Title Building & Environmental Sup
Functional Title Facility Services Supervisor (1st Shift)
Position Type Staff
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a public, coeducational, doctoral-granting, residential university chartered in 1891. It is one of the three original institutions of The University North Carolina System.
The Facilities Operations department is a service organization comprised of skilled professionals dedicated to the continuous maintenance, operation, and improvement of the university facilities and grounds in order to provide a safe, clean, and well functioning environment for all members of the university community. This position provides a variety of clerical support to the Facilities Operations/Facility Services departments in order to achieve departmental goals.
Facility Services is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Building Environmental Services Supervisor.
Performance and direct personnel management of 10-20 employees:
- Completion of Performance Management Program (PMP) ensuring performance, attendance, and conduct of staff complies with standards and policies, and takes prompt action when required;
- Maintains a vacancy rate of no more than 5%;
- Managing work and performance:
- Establishes work rules and acceptable levels of quality/quantity of work; and
- Provides regular supervision of work to ensure quality and schedule compliance.
- Ensures professional customer service with external and internal customers; and
- Identifies opportunities to provide remarkable customer service.
Training and Safety:
- Provides programs and properly trains staff to ensure safety;
- Establishes safety program to reduce accident and injury, and promotes zero accident working environment;
- Establishes a culture of safety for employees and ensures that work processes are free from safety and health hazards; and
- Completes 24 hours of job related training annually.
- Stays abreast of current housekeeping developments and trends in higher education;
- Planning and Organizing Work:
- Develops plans to accomplish work operations and objectives;
- Arranges and assigns work to use resources efficiently;
- Coordinates manpower and material while working with other shops in coordinating projects; and
- Coordinates with grounds for inclement weather plans.
Budgeting and Supply Ordering:
- Plans and monitors the use of expenditures to meet organizational objectives and compliance;
- Prepares budget documents and reports and provides budget input;
- Maintains accurate records, authorizes and controls material purchases and shop inventory; and
- Develops and maintains a current capital purchase requirements list.
Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Works weekends as required.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance - NC State Health Plan (NC Smart Choice)
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, FSAs and more (NC Flex)
- Retirement (Teachers' and State Employees' Retirement System and Optional Retirement Program)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation, Sick, Community Service, FMLA leave
- Longevity pay
- Eligible to become a member of the State Employees Credit Union
- Employee Award Programs
- Employee Wellness Resources
- and more
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a world-class, research intensive, regional University with a diverse portfolio of expertise and a particular focus on fostering healthy lives, vibrant communities and global connections. UNCG is a leading institution within the 17-campus University of North Carolina System. Recognized for its programs in the Music, Theater and Dance; Nursing; Business; Education; Life and Physical Sciences; and Health and Human Sciences, UNCG continues to grow its enrollment and enjoys the most diverse student populations of all the UNC system universities. With more than 19,000 students, UNCG has a significant and positive impact in North Carolina and the Greensboro/Triad area in particular. UNCG is nationally recognized for its distance learning initiative and serves many rural areas of North Carolina with its highly rated online educational programs. Established in 1892, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro was founded as the first public university in North Carolina for women. In 1963 the school became co-educational, but the legacy of providing both opportunity and excellence continues today.
High school diploma or equivalency and one year of experience in the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Some positions may require certification or eligibility for certification.
A valid driver's license
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience
- Knowledge of institutional cleaning in a supervisory capacity
- Certified Executive Housekeeper (CEH) OR Registered Executive Housekeeper (REH) designation from The International Executive Housekeeping Association
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is a mandatory position as defined by the Adverse Weather Policy.
A valid driver's license is required.
Works weekends as required.
Applicants must complete in full detail and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered.
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range $33,248 - $38,216
Org #-Department Housekeeping - 56408
Work Hours of Position 4:30 A.M. - 1:45 P.M., Monday - Friday. Weekends as required.
Job Family Building Environmental Services
Competency Level Journey
Open Date 04/06/2018
Close Date 04/20/2018
Job Close Date
Salary Grade Equivalency 58
Number of Months per Year 12
- List of References
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following options best describes your education history?
- No Response
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Associate's Degree
- 3 years of college coursework
- 2 years of college coursework
- 1 year of college coursework
- less than 1 year of college coursework
- High School Diploma or GED
- * How many years of experience in a directly related field do you have?
- No Response
- 6 or more years
- 5 years
- 4 years
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- 4 months
- less than 4 months
- * Do you have previous floor care experience?
- * Do you have two (2) or more years of directly related experience?
- * Do have five (5) or more years of housekeeping experience?
- * How many years of housekeeping experience do you have?
- 1 - 2
- 2 - 3
- 3 - 4
- 4 - 5
- * Do you have previous Supervisory experience in the custodial field?
- * Do you have at least one (1) year of directly related supervisory experience?
- No Response
- * Do you currently have a valid drivers license?
- No Response
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu