Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the Academic Advisor position. The Academic Advisor will take a student centered approach to provide guidance, insight, and perspective as students pursue and achieve their academic goals. Assist students in focusing on their interests and abilities, when choosing a major, changing majors, selecting courses, meeting degree requirements, and succeeding academically at Lynn University. To serve as a resource and assist in connecting students with the Lynn University Network. To take genuine interest in the personal and professional development of students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To serve the interests of students and to provide accurate academic advice.
- To make student connections and assist with the course registrations of undergraduate and graduate students in every degree program.
- Carefully review degree requirements and progress toward degree completion.
- Provide instruction and guidance in planning an individual course completion map leading to graduation.
- Provide assistance in all facets of course registration.
- Work with faculty mentors to promote the academic success.
- Work with the Office of the Registrar in reviewing graduation petitions.
- Maintain current knowledge of all Lynn University academic degree programs.
- Understand and effectively communicate accurate information regarding all academic policies.
- Academic advising experience and/or a related field experience working in a higher education setting.
- Familiarity with university information systems.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must hold at least a Bachelor's degree but a Master's degree is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The Academic Advisor must be skilled in time management, basic computer use and communication.
- This person must be organized, analytical and sensitive to cultural and ethnic differences.
- Ability to work from home as needed is preferred.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling+1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.