Custodian Group I
Custodian Group I
Union Level: I
Department: Physical Plant
Posting Number: 201301322P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Ability and willingness to work weekends, and various shifts. Will work graveyard or swing shifts
Position End Date:
Open Date: 04/04/2018
Open Until Filled:
Responsible for general janitorial and custodial duties of University wide facilities to include Resident Halls for students
1. Cleans and sanitizes restroom facilities in accordance with established university health standards.
2. Cleans all surfaces in offices, classrooms, common spaces, restrooms, laboratories, meeting rooms, and other spaces in university facilities.
3. Empties and cleans waste receptacles in university facilities. Transports contents to designated disposal sites.
4. Sweeps, mops, strips, waxes, polishes, buffs, and applies special finishes to floors.
5. Vacuums, shampoos, and spot-cleans carpets and walk-off mats.
6. Washes the interior and exterior of windows and glass surfaces as required.
7. Identifies maintenance or repair needs and reports condition to the supervisor.
8. Determines cleaning supplies required for assigned work areas and orders materials through supervisor.
9. Sweeps and cleans walkways around assigned buildings.
10. Performs other duties as assigned by lead or manager
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to stand or walk for prolonged periods of time. Ability to lift and carry heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Ability to perform repetitive duties involving use of arms and hands, stooping, bending and kneeling. Physical stamina and endurance to carry out duties assigned. Manual dexterity to perform duties assigned.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Ability and willingness to work weekends, and various shifts. Will work graveyard or swing shifts.
Union membership required.
Valid driver's license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University's fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record
Hiring Range: Union guidelines, non-exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11752
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability