Legal Administrative Assistant
Legal Administrative Assistant
Department: Legal Clinics
Posting Number: 201301319P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Forty hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and, on occasion, overtime as needed
Position End Date:
Open Date: 03/27/2018
Open Until Filled:
Performs a variety of legal secretarial, administrative and support activities for Director of Legal Clinics, supervising attorneys and students. Acts as receptionist for legal clinics and interacts with members of the public, screens calls for legal assistance, creates initial intake sheets for potential clients, and makes referrals to other services for inquiries outside the scope of the legal clinics. Maintains positive contact with the public,students, attorneys and staff, and observes confidentiality of client matters. This position reports to the Director of Legal Clinics
1. Processes drafts and all final copies of legal pleadings, correspondence, court forms, including proof-reading and finalizing.
2. Assists Director in procedures for new students at the beginning of each semester, including assigning carrels, telephone numbers, passwords, student computer drive, and state and federal certifications.
3. Opens and distributes incoming mail including calendaring court dates and other essential dates.
4. Assists supervising attorneys in creating TWEN sites and organizing curriculum materials.
5. Assists Director in revising and preparing handbooks and operating procedures for clinic operations.
6. Opens and maintains client files.
7. Spanish proficiency is required to communicate verbally and in writing with clients.
8. Assists Director in maintaining statistics and documentation for all grants and budgets.
9. Assists Director and supervising attorneys in preparing marketing documents including web page.
10. Helps maintain necessary records for CLS Operating Account and related tasks, including payments to vendors
10. Performs additional duties as assigned.
11. Provides support and services for other campus departments as time permits
High School diploma.
Spanish proficiency is required
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hiring Range: $17.00 per hour to $24.00 per hour, non-exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11757
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability